• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michael Jacobson to transfer

Native

ToungeInCheek since 2010
Staff member
10 Year Member

I am going to go look for dumpster fire memes now.

I can't keep up with the disaster that is Nebrasketball.

Can someone give me a rundown of the known bad and the rumored bad?

For someone who can't keep up you seem to be pretty much on top of things! ;)

Last edited:

If this tweet is true:

Then why am I like this right now:
tumblr_ngymirr7UL1tjydheo1_500.gif

I'm just glad we kept Miles around to not have the roster blow up. Watson is next... the last two to transfer were his roommates.

Last edited:

Eichorst botched this about as bad as an AD could botch it. I actually blame him more than Tim Miles at this point.
Right... he had to make sure this wouldn't happen if we kept him. Feel like we are in a real life reenactment of the Titanic, and Leo is nowhere in sight to take the fall for us.

Last edited:
Right... he had to make sure this wouldn't happen if we kept him. Feel like we are in a real life reenactment of the Titanic, and Leo is nowhere insight to take the fall for us.

Guess you are going to have to vote "other".

If you're not going to give a flying f**k about the basketball program than just cut it. Seriously. Clearly Nebraska doesn't care and that's been evident for as long as I have been alive. The donors for the practice facility had to step in so they didn't skimp on the project. That's how they think. Enjoy the empty brand new arena soon.

Eichorst botched this about as bad as an AD could botch it. I actually blame him more than Tim Miles at this point.
It feels like a mutiny. Is Shawn so in the dark that all this caught him off guard? Does he not have any capital to make a change or are the higher ups reluctant to allow him to make another hire? It's like a grease fire in the middle of a dumpster fire.

The way the season ended it was a total crime not to fire Miles. OBVIOUSLY you can't extend the man after that season and you already didn't extend him after last season. After a season (last) where you don't extend a coach you are basically putting him on the hotseat....how do you finish 13th on a hotseat and keep your job? So you are absolutely correct. This is a botched situation by SE. I'm not one that has criticized his every move (I don't mind the "say nothing until the season is over" policy as long as you stick to it) but this is a mess.

The only right move was to fire him and move on.

Last edited:
The way the season ended it was a total crime not to fire Miles. OBVIOUSLY you can't extend the man after that season and you already didn't extend him after last season. After a season (last) where you don't extend a coach you are basically putting him on the hotseat....how do you finish 13th on a hotseat and keep your job? So you are absolutely correct. This is a botched situation by SE. I'm not one that has criticized his every move (I don't mind the "say nothing until the season is over" policy as long as you stick to it).

The only right move was to fire him and move on.
The only reason you don't fire him is to keep the young nucleus intact (of which Morrow was a giant part).

Last edited:

Well at least they have plenty of open scholarships. Seriously, at this point I think more people have signed and transferred than have signed with Miles.

As long as Connie Yori has her stuff under control again, I think hire her on as the head coach and try to talk players into staying. What's the worst that could happen?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back