• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mertz tests positive second time enters B1G 21 day protocol

Huge news if true and doesn't turn out to be a false positive. As contagious as it is, if he does have it you'd have to believe he's not the only one.

From a health perspective, I hope the kid is fine if he does have it. My daughter knows several people who have had it at her university and the majority didn't know they had it and the ones who were actually sick just had the sniffles. Young, healthy and lean QB-type kid probably would be just fine.

I would not be at all surprised if this turns out to be a false positive. Even the PCR tests have a high number of false positives. If I were Wisconsin, I'd have him take a few tests and send them to different labs.

I don't think they can. If the Big 10 only issues so many tests for so many people to each team, I can't see them letting you go to an outside place to take another test. If that was the case there wouldn't be a point to limiting each team to 170 people that can test.

I would not be at all surprised if this turns out to be a false positive. Even the PCR tests have a high number of false positives. If I were Wisconsin, I'd have him take a few tests and send them to different labs.
I agree. As many as 40% of the rapid tests that are positive are false. I am sure they will retest a few times.

Huge news if true and doesn't turn out to be a false positive. As contagious as it is, if he does have it you'd have to believe he's not the only one.

From a health perspective, I hope the kid is fine if he does have it. My daughter knows several people who have had it at her university and the majority didn't know they had it and the ones who were actually sick just had the sniffles. Young, healthy and lean QB-type kid probably would be just fine.
Yes imagine a virus so deadly one needs to be tested to see if they have it. I've mentioned several times I tested positive and had a slight headache and sniffles for several days. I'm also alot older and in worse shape then these young college football players. So the odds are GREATLY in this young mans favor to have no major or even minor health problems other then he tested positive. I hope he tests negative but more hopeful this doesn't cancel our game with Wisky.

I don't think they can. If the Big 10 only issues so many tests for so many people to each team, I can't see them letting you go to an outside place to take another test. If that was the case there wouldn't be a point to limiting each team to 170 people that can test.
I think those are just the daily rapid tests. Not sure what the deal is with the PCR tests.

It is Nebraska Week, so the Big 10 may make an exception in this instance.

Last edited:

I agree. As many as 40% of the rapid tests that are positive are false. I am sure they will retest a few times.
2 months ago, my COVID test was positive. Panic! (BTW the same day, annual flu shot). Next day, test was negative. Two days later, negative again :Happyrun:. In other words, false positive. My doctor said about 30% false positive test.

Anyway, don't care about graph cases; only daily deaths

Does he need to test negative for a number of consecutive days like Saban did? He could conceivably be out at least until Wednesday even if he is negative.

Does he need to test negative for a number of consecutive days like Saban did? He could conceivably be out at least until Wednesday even if he is negative.
He just needs to test negative on the PCR test once. The daily test is the antigen test. He can't practice or be around the team until he gets PCR test back.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back