• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mertz tests positive second time enters B1G 21 day protocol

I can now envision a 1994 Nebraska vs Kansas State game plan used in Manhattan.

Wisconsin might stick to the ground game exclusively and see if Nebraska can stop it. That basic strategy has worked for them for many years.

Or they could implement the 3rd string quarterback game plan which has also worked well against Nebraska the last several years. :(

Last edited:

I hope Mertz has no severe health issues from COVID and he is back healthy in 21 days. That means the third string QB is in play. No team took pity on us when had had our 2 and 3rd string guys in the last two years. Evens things up quite a bit in my book. We still have to score against a great defense. Also, NO turnovers.

Statistically. He has a 99.9 percent chance of being just fine. Those are pretty good odds.

I would not be at all surprised if this turns out to be a false positive. Even the PCR tests have a high number of false positives. If I were Wisconsin, I'd have him take a few tests and send them to different labs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back