• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Memorial stadium renovation plans

Yeah, I think I'm gonna be priced out of my seats in row 97 of south endzone. They will probably no longer exist, and be replaced by luxury suites. They need to be careful about pricing the average fan out of the stadium. Especially with the subpar product on the field. When you can't give away tickets you paid good money for....

All that being said, I understand the stadium needs updated

Onward and upward
Are they finally getting rid of the 2 story outhouses?

I would hazard a guess that there will be a Drive to have tickets donated to a pool for students to go to games next year.

Does any one other than me think we should be building a new stadium in Lincoln rather than refurbishing a 100 year old building?

Seems to me that for just a little more (say a $100 million) you could have a new 70-75 thousand seat stadium that would be a spring board to the future.

GBR

Does any one other than me think we should be building a new stadium in Lincoln rather than refurbishing a 100 year old building?

Seems to me that for just a little more (say a $100 million) you could have a new 70-75 thousand seat stadium that would be a spring board to the future.

GBR
I think the stadium is perfect where it is and would hate to see it move. With that said. I wouldn't mind this being a 8-10 year project where you tear down and replace one direction every two years.

I think the stadium is perfect where it is and would hate to see it move. With that said. I wouldn't mind this being a 8-10 year project where you tear down and replace one direction every two years.
Yes, would not want to see the location change to off campus.

I could tolerate playing at the Chiefs for a year for a new stadium in the current location

Nobody wants to see bad football. The fact that they have been able to preserve the sell-out streak is mind boggling to me. Even with the donor help. Going on ten years of really horrible football at NU. It's all on Rhule to save this program.

I think if you have had seats long enough your donation is grandfathered. For those paying zero for seat donations, that is over. I expect lots of people to bow out on season tix next year especially when you can buy cheap on secondary market.

They might lose 10,000 ticket holders because of the increased donation level but they will still fill an 80,000 seat stadium.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back