• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Medical hardship for TM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played a down after in the 2nd half of the season so that right there makes him ineligible.

Also his other missed year has to be an injury

https://www.msu.edu/~msuncaa/Medical%20Hardship%20Waivers.pdf

According the document above on the Michigan State website, it's 3 games or 30%, whichever is greater. Thirty percent would equal 4.3 games for a 14 games season and 3.9 games for a 13 game season. Both numbers are obviously greater than three (and both round to 4) so the fact he has played 4 games does not remove the possibility. If he doesn't play again this year, by my reading of the rules, he will be borderline eligible for a hardship year. And the NCAA has granted exceptions outside the guidelines in the past. I'm ready for another qb, but I think there is a decent chance he will apply for and receive a 6th year if he doesn't play again this season. Didn't say I liked the idea. It's actually kind of a fear on my part. I just think the chances of it happening aren't all that remote.

I brought this up after the SoMiss & Illinois games. He has participated in too many games now to qualify. I believe the rule is 3 games or 25% not 30% though there has been exceptions. But we may have seen Martinez's last play unless he is good to go in the post season.
Martinez era needs to move down the bench

Last edited:
I'm not sure I agree with this....I could see him with his speed as a WR in the NFL or even as DB.....so say he has zero chance is a real stretch....

It would be one thing to consider if there was a chance for him to play in the NFL... but we all know he has zero chance of playing on Sundays... so what would be the point..??

I'm not sure I agree with this....I could see him with his speed as a WR in the NFL or even as DB.....so say he has zero chance is a real stretch....

His aversion to hitting may limit his opportunity at DB. Although, with the new rules in the NFL he may be perfect for the spot.

:facepalm:He doesn't have the hips to be a corner. He's like a dragster. Pop his cork and he's 200mph in a straight line. He's liable to shear off a goal post right before they retire his number.:halfmast:

Is anyone else wondering if the staff is contemplating an attempt to get another year for Taylor Martinez via medical hardship? The rule is 3 games or 30% of the contests, which ever is greater. TM has played four games. Assuming NU does not make the CCG, that 30.7% of the contests. A CCG game appearance would bring that to 28.6%. Another part of the rule stipulates the injury being in the first half of the season. TM played in the 7th game, so that condition would only be met with a CCG appearance. It appears it would be difficult for TM to meet the strict standards of the rule but he's very close to meeting the criteria and the NCAA can and has granted exemptions in the past.

Personally speaking, I'm ready for a new quarterback era at NU but am beginning to wonder if some of Martinez's mystery issues aren't about getting an extra year.

No, he has played in too many games. Let's let him move on, ok? I'm ready for TA to take over, at this point.

My wife's sanity is at risk, if TM comes back, that's for sure!! ;)

Last edited:

RR, do you think he would try out as a DB or running back? Let's face it, he may be like a lot of QB's, thinking he should be a QB in the NFL! :wow:

He has zero chance....the guy is probably the worst player I have ever seen in regards to running with the ball on his hands, cannot avoid getting laid out for the life of him and coughs the ball up to boot, so that eliminates WR. And as a DB? have you seen the guy when it comes to contact?

Last edited:

um... okay, most of his problem is he ONLY had speed and that is now non-existent... I think your statement is the stretch... but hey, your fantasy.

No chance. At all. The way he runs he'd be a dead man in the NFL if he tried to play WR. DB? He'd be a huge project...and I doubt the upside is there for an NFL to take the time and $ to try to make it work.

He has zero chance....the guy is probably the worst player I have ever seen in regards to running with the ball on his hands, cannot avoid getting laid out for the life of him and coughs the ball up to boot, so that eliminates WR. And as a DB? have you seen the guy when it comes to contact?

Keep hatin'

The fear of fumbling is why he gets laid out... instead of turning to take a glancing blow, he wraps the ball up with both hands and braces for the hit... that is just coaching...not Taylor, he can make guys miss just fine... you don't run for 3000 yards in the Big Ten if you can't avoid tacklers

Last edited:

Keep hatin'

The fear of fumbling is why he gets laid out... instead of turning to take a glancing blow, he wraps the ball up with both hands and braces for the hit... that is just coaching...not Taylor, he can make guys miss just fine... you don't run for 3000 yards in the Big Ten if you can't avoid tacklers

He hasn't made a move in 4 years. Yes, he's run away from guys, zig zagged a little. But he'd never made a move in his time here. TA made more moves in the first drive last week and Tm ever has. It's not hate. It's just who he is as an athlete.

Keep hatin'

:rolfl:

That kid lays down in the first soft spot at the earliest opportunity....

He hasn't made a move in 4 years. Yes, he's run away from guys, zig zagged a little. But he'd never made a move in his time here. TA made more moves in the first drive last week and Tm ever has. It's not hate. It's just who he is as an athlete.

Not sure what have you watched... faking an option pitch and cutting up field is not a move...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back