• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Medical hardship for TM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheat

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Is anyone else wondering if the staff is contemplating an attempt to get another year for Taylor Martinez via medical hardship? The rule is 3 games or 30% of the contests, which ever is greater. TM has played four games. Assuming NU does not make the CCG, that 30.7% of the contests. A CCG game appearance would bring that to 28.6%. Another part of the rule stipulates the injury being in the first half of the season. TM played in the 7th game, so that condition would only be met with a CCG appearance. It appears it would be difficult for TM to meet the strict standards of the rule but he's very close to meeting the criteria and the NCAA can and has granted exemptions in the past.

Personally speaking, I'm ready for a new quarterback era at NU but am beginning to wonder if some of Martinez's mystery issues aren't about getting an extra year.

He has played to many games to qualify....i.e. 4 games....Wyoming, S. Mississippi, UCLA and Minnesota....would have to be three or less to qualify for a medical hardship year....in his case a sixth season....

So no he does not qualify for a medical hardship...

Is anyone else wondering if the staff is contemplating an attempt to get another year for Taylor Martinez via medical hardship? The rule is 3 games or 30% of the contests, which ever is greater. TM has played four games. Assuming NU does not make the CCG, that 30.7% of the contests. A CCG game appearance would bring that to 28.6%. Another part of the rule stipulates the injury being in the first half of the season. TM played in the 7th game, so that condition would only be met with a CCG appearance. It appears it would be difficult for TM to meet the strict standards of the rule but he's very close to meeting the criteria and the NCAA can and has granted exemptions in the past.

Personally speaking, I'm ready for a new quarterback era at NU but am beginning to wonder if some of Martinez's mystery issues aren't about getting an extra year.

I brought this up after the SoMiss & Illinois games. He has participated in too many games now to qualify. I believe the rule is 3 games or 25% not 30% though there has been exceptions. But we may have seen Martinez's last play unless he is good to go in the post season.

He has played to many games to qualify....i.e. 4 games....Wyoming, S. Mississippi, UCLA and Minnesota....would have to be three or less to qualify for a medical hardship year....in his case a sixth season....

Wew!! Thanks for clearing that up. Taylor has run his course.. I do appreciate all the things he has done for our program.

So the Minnesota loss was not a TOTAL loss?

https://www.msu.edu/~msuncaa/Medical%20Hardship%20Waivers.pdf

According the document above on the Michigan State website, it's 3 games or 30%, whichever is greater. Thirty percent would equal 4.3 games for a 14 games season and 3.9 games for a 13 game season. Both numbers are obviously greater than three (and both round to 4) so the fact he has played 4 games does not remove the possibility. If he doesn't play again this year, by my reading of the rules, he will be borderline eligible for a hardship year. And the NCAA has granted exceptions outside the guidelines in the past. I'm ready for another qb, but I think there is a decent chance he will apply for and receive a 6th year if he doesn't play again this season. Didn't say I liked the idea. It's actually kind of a fear on my part. I just think the chances of it happening aren't all that remote.

I brought this up after the SoMiss & Illinois games. He has participated in too many games now to qualify. I believe the rule is 3 games or 25% not 30% though there has been exceptions. But we may have seen Martinez's last play unless he is good to go in the post season.

Curious whether the number of games is just the regular season, regular season + league championship, or those plus the bowl?

It's not a medical hardship he needs. What would help TM is chasing a live chicken in a fenced confinement. You know, learn a lil wiggle to go with that speed. Running into things at that speed is dangerous when you can't steer. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. I shuttered often when he stopped in his tracks and got slobber knocked head on. That game is suicidal in the NFL. Talk about brain damage. If he gets a serious chance in the show, he needs to not do that. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back