• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked McKewon: Gap between Iowa, NU is growing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love you my good friend...but I think it will be an easy win....Iowa is really bad....

projected easy wins do not always turn out that way. Alot of that has to do with the way the better team in this case NU goes about their business this week and then on Friday. As long as our boys are ready to play and play hard, I agree, this game shouldn't be within 3 TD's. I can't wait to watch the early game on Friday.

Hope you guys are right and this will be a walk in the park. The difference in turnover ratio still gives me some concern.

We have displayed a tendency some years to play down to the level of our opponent in the day-after-Thanksgiving games. If that happens, this could be close.

If anyone thinks this game will be an easy win for the Husker, similar to the Minnesota game, then I will disagree completely. The Huskers have a propensity of shooting themselves in the foot and this game will make Iowa's season. Get up early and avoid turning the ball over. Iowa does well in the turnover margin and that can keep them in games when they lack the talent to do otherwise.

Agreed. We are one of the most benevolent teams in the country, and we can't take anyone lightly. Iowa is not very good, but if we help them out with stupid penalties and turnovers, it could be a tough one. The longer we let them stay in the game, the harder it will be to win the game. For those who are predicting a blowout, I hope you are right, but I don't think the winner will emerge until well into the 4th quarter.

Iowa ran the ball down Michigan's throat the first drive and scored easily. We need to bring the A game as Bo always says.

that's what I hope we do; outscore them the entire game.
I really don't see their defense having the speed to stay with us. Even if we do turn the ball over a couple of times, I still believe that we take it to them. I think we stack the box and stuff Weisman, our d-backs should be able to handle their receivers. I just have a hard time seeing us lose. Besides, we have turned it over several times against better teams and still won.

Their QB has not shown he can thrown the ball with much sucess....and only 6 TD passes on the year.....so I agree with you....force him to throw against one of the best D backfields in the country.....Weisman will not beat us....pretty much their whole offense....

I really don't see their defense having the speed to stay with us. Even if we do turn the ball over a couple of times, I still believe that we take it to them. I think we stack the box and stuff Weisman, our d-backs should be able to handle their receivers. I just have a hard time seeing us lose. Besides, we have turned it over several times against better teams and still won.

Their QB has not shown he can thrown the ball with much sucess....and only 6 TD passes on the year.....so I agree with you....force him to throw against one of the best D backfields in the country.....Weisman will not beat us....pretty much their whole offense....
I would really like to see a couple of picks by of DB's that would be nice!

Yeah it would....we have done pretty well of late doing that....

Vandenberg has thrown 7 TD passes....almost as many Ints with 6 and has been sacked 21 times in 11 games....4 of the Ints have been at home....

I would really like to see a couple of picks by of DB's that would be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back