• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Recruiting Violation Allegations

Asking an honest question. Why did you post this? Your "source" says things could get interesting soon and that you don't have details. Not coming at this personally but am curious.
Considering Alberts put out a statement wouldn't you say something smells?

Nope no matter what the truth or falsehood it may eventually become I am confident the TA will more than me any challenges that we face with his program in the near future—The way he handled the HCSF situation was stellar

Sounds like this is nothing but if there are any accusations of cheating then the adage of cheaters never win sure plays out with NU Bball!

Asking an honest question. Why did you post this? Your "source" says things could get interesting soon and that you don't have details. Not coming at this personally but am curious.
Fair question and I don't take it personal. I didn't start this thread but basically had made a comment in a different thread. I have no issues with Huskermax making it it's own thread. The main reason I posted it was to see if anyone else had been hearing the same rumors I was hearing. Usually the info I get from a few of my guys is very reliable as they are pretty connected with the community and UNL. I'm glad Trev came out with a statement and hopefully there's nothing to the rumors. It would be sad if we did cheat and our hoops team still sucks. as bad as they have so far.

Kinda strange when cheating claims mysteriously pop up when coaches are struggling here. Same thing happened with Scott Frost. I have to wonder if renegotiating Fred's contract is on the horizon.

Fair question and I don't take it personal. I didn't start this thread but basically had made a comment in a different thread. I have no issues with Huskermax making it it's own thread. The main reason I posted it was to see if anyone else had been hearing the same rumors I was hearing. Usually the info I get from a few of my guys is very reliable as they are pretty connected with the community and UNL. I'm glad Trev came out with a statement and hopefully there's nothing to the rumors. It would be sad if we did cheat and our hoops team still sucks. as bad as they have so far.
"I come here to find out information I typically can’t get from the media right away. I have no problem initiating a post. Some times there are people that know much more than the media."

Cutting and pasting the response from Hville as I wanted to include his comment in my post along with your's Scoob.
Thank you for the response. In part on this message board as of late there are those that hear things and actually know things and can substantiate; as Hville is correct. As of late; there have been a few that have posting statements being legends in their own minds and not being accurate at all; referencing the comments made that an OC is hired while Frost was still out doing interviews. It adds value to discussions when there is actual validation. Thanks again.

Some of us that don't post as frequent as others but do follow message boards have to discern between those who are credible and those who just want to seek credibility.

"I come here to find out information I typically can’t get from the media right away. I have no problem initiating a post. Some times there are people that know much more than the media."

Cutting and pasting the response from Hville as I wanted to include his comment in my post along with your's Scoob.
Thank you for the response. In part on this message board as of late there are those that hear things and actually know things and can substantiate; as Hville is correct. As of late; there have been a few that have posting statements being legends in their own minds and not being accurate at all; referencing the comments made that an OC is hired while Frost was still out doing interviews. It adds value to discussions when there is actual validation. Thanks again.

Some of us that don't post as frequent as others but do follow message boards have to discern between those who are credible and those who just want to seek credibility.
All good FBWHEEL. Ha, yes there are plenty of "So called Experts" on this site. I choose to ignore a good majority of them. One of my buddies is a dad of a current Husker football player. He gives me some pretty good behind the scenes info. Most of the time I don't share it because I don't want to be the jackwagon that's putting kids down on social media. As my friend says, do you think the coaches aren't playing certain kids for no reason. Most of the time it's because the kids not going to class, doesn't know the playbook or has a mystery injury that doesn't make him want to practice. My buddies kid is a no nonsense dude and he basically gets in the problem child players faces and says, quit being pussy's, it's football man, we all have injuries.

Thanks for your forbearance, guys! I was going to PM some, but with the multiple responses this is better. I started the thread "MBB Recruiting Violation Allegations" (along with what is now Post #4) when the topic was starting to become a hot item here (and on other boards).

No one likes to have their posts moved (and I understand any blow-back), but I did move 4 posts from the "Questions on Fred" thread as the topic ("has Fred lost the team - what are you hearing?") was getting supplanted by "Recruiting Violations;" a completely different subject (with each deserving of it's own discussion).

The way posts move, the earliest dated post moves to the top of the thread. If the resulting timing of the posts make it appear to be admonishing anyone, that is incorrect :Redface:.

Regarding the 'violation allegations,' things seem to have died down since Trev issued his statement. No one seems to know whether any more information or allegations will be forthcoming (of course no body wants there to be any substance or charges). I guess we'll eventually find out whether there was any 'There,' There.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back