• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #8, (W, 71-62), Wed, 11/29 vs Boston College (#91), @ PBA, 8:15 pm CST, ESPNU

Just got back from the game. Anyone want to tell me about the officiating? From my seat it looked really one way, like the refs would be flying home to Boston tonight. I ask because being there means you get caught up in the moment and can't remember what you see. ;)

I think Tshimanga has regressed since last year. He can't hold onto the ball, he keeps bringing the ball down to let little guys grab it, and he looks slower down the floor. Did get keep growing in the off-season? Still recovering from surgery?

If Gill keeps playing this well, Nana Akenten and Thorir Thorbjarnarson are going to wish they had redshirted. The window for guard playing time is slammed shut.

Just got back from the game. Anyone want to tell me about the officiating? From my seat it looked really one way, like the refs would be flying home to Boston tonight. I ask because being there means you get caught up in the moment and can't remember what you see. ;)

I think Tshimanga has regressed since last year. He can't hold onto the ball, he keeps bringing the ball down to let little guys grab it, and he looks slower down the floor. Did get keep growing in the off-season? Still recovering from surgery?

If Gill keeps playing this well, Nana Akenten and Thorir Thorbjarnarson are going to wish they had redshirted. The window for guard playing time is slammed shut.
Agree on all. I had high hopes for Jordy this year but he looks like I thought he would last season. I hope it is the injury slowing him down because something isn't right about him.

Last edited:
Anyone want to tell me about the officiating? From my seat it looked really one way,
I got home in time to see the final 3 minutes or so of the first half, and all of the second half, and I really didn't see that much that made me think the fouls were being called one sided. As and example, I watched the Maryland - Syracuse game the other night, and talk about one sided calls. It seemed to me that, for every one call against the Cuse, 4 or 5 calls were called on the Terps. Maryland should have won that game anyway, but it's so difficult to play a close game, and have 3 zebras rooting against you. I think tonight was fairly close and don't recall seeing to many bad calls or one way calls. There were a few, especially an and 1 that we didn't get in our favor, but I don't think it was too bad.

There were a couple of really questionable calls...at least the team didn't let those calls take them out of the game mentally.

Jordy had a sweet running hook shot and a sweet pass...but my 9 year old could take the ball away from him after he rebounds it. Wish he would just make a huge jump in his game...like yesterday.

And Nana and Thorir won't see any playing time until after Christmas...that's for sure.

Final Stats:

upload_2017-11-29_22-12-13.png

upload_2017-11-29_22-13-30.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back