• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB GAME #33 (3/22) #8 Nebraska (23-10) vs #9 Texas A&M (20-14) (Memphis)(FedEx Forum) Tip 5:50 CT TNT GAME THREAD

Purdue is a #1 seed that we did the same thing to and they couldn’t stop it. If we played Purdue 10 times, that’s the only game we win. If we play them 10 times, I bet it’s a split with blowouts like this being when they shoot like this
Yes its tough when a team plays out of their mind like A&M did, but when you are desperate for a tourney win, you have to stop it. There is a reason this school has never won an ncaa tournament game.

In the one and done tournament, the #8 v. #9 is always a coin toss. Teams get hot and teams get cold. Look at Yale and Auburn and yesterday’s #14 win over a #3. Don’t judge a season that gave us a chance just because tonight went poorly. This was a super fun team to follow this year.
Pal, the only way Nebraska wins a coin toss is if it lands on its edge.

So true. Seems like the HUSKERS just ran out of gas at the most inopportune time. Still a great season overall despite the ugly finish.
I'd say it was good, not great. I guess the goal was to make it to the Big Dance, so at least we accomplished that. Winning our first-ever tournament game would've capped a great season. Hard watching teams with way less resources like Grand Canyon and Oakland winning tourney games and we can't.

After doing my fair share of lurking on this site for what must be at least 20 years now, I never figured it would be the men’s hoops team that finally got me off the sideline, but I figured I might as well pay up now and be ready to celebrate a bunch of Husker football wins this fall!
I’ve never had as much fun watching Nebrasketball as this year! What an amazing job by this team all year. We lost by 15 tonight to a team that has a higher talent ceiling, and tonight they played up to it. aTm has wins this year over Iowa State, Kentucky (twice), Florida, Tennessee and Miss State, and they are just now playing their best ball of the season. We lost for the same reason we couldn’t handle Illinois’ Terrence Shannon. Our “twitchiest” guy is probably Sam. That ain’t gonna cut it against a team like A&M. That doesn’t mean this wasn’t a really good Nebraska team. Did anyone notice the Huskers scored 20 points in the first 4:56 of this game? I haven’t seen anyone do that in the first five minutes of a game all year.
Husker women currently up by one, let’s get the win!
Hoilberg made some changes and they paid off this season! N got a taste of the tournament and with some good wins through the season should be hungry nest year! Need some players in key areas that carry this team back to the NCAA and get that elusive first victory! Nice to look at the B1G standings throughout the year and not be at the bottom! We will be back!! GBR

Gotta go after some perimeter defense this offseason. Guard play wins you games in March and not being able to stop TAMU’s guards killed us. You can have guards that score perfectly fine like ours did, but when the opposing guards outpace that, you’re toast

I think an important mistake by Fred was sitting KT when he did.. KT was feeling it, he should have let him go longer. Once he sat, he wasn't hot anymore.. that hurt. Obviously that wasn't THE issue, but it hurt nonetheless.

Gotta go after some perimeter defense this offseason. Guard play wins you games in March and not being able to stop TAMU’s guards killed us. You can have guards that score perfectly fine like ours did, but when the opposing guards outpace that, you’re toast
We've had the guards in the past, but they ended up playing power forward because we didn't have any bigs. This year, they had a whole bunch of tall shooters. A stalwart PG would make a huge difference. I'm trying to get to the place where I appreciate what Nebraska did this year, and how hard they tried to re-invent themselves over the last two years.

No issue with an extension. The program has been trending positively for 2 years. We overachieved this year. Didn't end how we wanted but great progress and something to build on.
I have an issue with the extension. He is getting paid as a top 15-20 coach. Is there where we are right now? Will we be a 15-20 ranked team next year? Objectively, he hasn't been a good recruiter so far.

It has been said that because this was a great season we can't let this last game sour the whole thing... Which, to an extent, I agree, but the dance is a huge deal. This can and does make or break a season.

Curious, how has those great seasons of the past, been a boast to NU? They haven't! This season could end up the same way, that is where Fred needs to earn his pay this off-season. We must get back to the dance next year, and we must get that first win!

Last edited:
We've had the guards in the past, but they ended up playing power forward because we didn't have any bigs. This year, they had a whole bunch of tall shooters. A stalwart PG would make a huge difference. I'm trying to get to the place where I appreciate what Nebraska did this year, and how hard they tried to re-invent themselves over the last two years.

What type of defender is Ahron Ulis? Does he have the quicks to contain those more explosive guards? I’m assuming since he stuck it out this long he plans to stay on the roster.

It has been said that because this was a great season we can't let this last game sour the whole thing... Which, to an extent, I agree, but the dance is a huge deal. This can and does make or break a season.

Curious, how has those great seasons of the past, been a boast to NU? They haven't! This season could end up the same way, that is where Fred needs to earn his pay this off-season. We must get back to the dance next year, and we must get that first win!

I agree it’s critical to get back to the Dance next year to make N a place to be for recruits and transfers. We can be with the fan support and facilities. Earn a 6 seed next year and make that first tournament win easier to get.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back