• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #30 (L, 58-82), @ MICHIGAN, Thu 3/5 @ 5:30 pm CT, FS1 (& Game Thread)

Dude, seriously, I know it's Hoiberg's first year here, he had to essentially grab guys from all over, ad nauseum, however, the truth of the matter is, we sucked big time this year. Hell, we lost at home to a 6 - 21 NW team that everyone on here said we would straight up beat. You keep thinking you know everything and not face facts. 7 - 23 speaks volumes bro.

I have to agree with you, HHS. We do not have a decent team, period! At times they "excel", but not often enough, for sure. As you iterated, Hoiberg had to round up what he could find. That, in itself, explains why we have struggled. Losing to NW was pathetic. There is no two ways about. Seems, Lars is a little defensive.
So you still have nightmares about the short bus? I don't recall many defending our record beyond the fact we weren't playing as bad as the record reflected. Tonight, on Michigan's senior night, we were down 4 at halftime without our best player. Sure things fell apart, but some might argue we shouldn't have been in the game from the first tip.

And thank you for continuing to 'wow' us with your broad use of the word suck...

Hey, Lars, come on. There is a lot of truth, our team sucks. They have driven me nuts all season, playing terrible, terrible basketball; it is what it is. :( Let it go. :Rockon:

Hey, Lars, come on. There is a lot of truth, our team sucks. They have driven me nuts all season, playing terrible, terrible basketball; it is what it is. :( Let it go. :Rockon:
Not to pile on CB, as we both love our Huskers and want them to win, but we just literally lost 15 straight games to end the regular season. I honestly don't know what lars see's in that record, that he calls himself an expert on sports. I'd really like to know what that is. Also, we are 1 - 16 in our final 17 games, but yeah, we showed our opponents.

Not to pile on CB, as we both love our Huskers and want them to win, but we just literally lost 15 straight games to end the regular season. I honestly don't know what lars see's in that record, that he calls himself an expert on sports. I'd really like to know what that is. Also, we are 1 - 16 in our final 17 games, but yeah, we showed our opponents.

Uh, enough said? ;)

If you don't see Mack as being a darn good player
OOPS! Mo Washington was pretty darn good too. After Hoiberg talks to each of his kids, it's not a given that Mack will be back.
Hoiberg declined comment on the status of both players with the program after the season ends. NU's coaching staff will meet individually with each player after the end of the season.

"We'll have individual meetings after the season's over, and there's going to be a lot to discuss," Hoiberg said.

OOPS! Mo Washington was pretty darn good too. After Hoiberg talks to each of his kids, it's not a given that Mack will be back.
Not a given, but obviously doesn’t change his ability on the court. You keep reaching, little fella, you’ll grab something worth noting eventually.

You ladies seem to only see a box score when it comes to teams and their development. Remind us all what you liked most about Miles, was it the style of basketball, his recruiting, his sideline demeanor, his in game adjustments or his record? When you saw his teams try to push the ball, what did you notice? How did you feel about the ball movement? Was he getting as much as you’d expect from the recruits he landed? How did you feel about the effort the majority of the time? How were the substitutions handled? Did they ever run the offense through the post? What did nearly all of Miles teams have in common with Fred’s first year? How many freshman contributed this year? How many of the losses were competitive (less than 15 points)?

I’m not an expert by any stretch, but I watch a game differently than you, which is why I think it’s not just childish, but also misguided to use a blanket statement like ‘we suck’ when talking about the team or it’s development. But you go ahead and continue your riveting in-depth analysis, and I’ll keep tossing in my two cents.

You ladies seem to only see a box score when it comes to teams and their development. Remind us all what you liked most about Miles, was it the style of basketball, his recruiting, his sideline demeanor, his in game adjustments or his record? When you saw his teams try to push the ball, what did you notice? How did you feel about the ball movement? Was he getting as much as you’d expect from the recruits he landed? How did you feel about the effort the majority of the time? How were the substitutions handled? Did they ever run the offense through the post? What did nearly all of Miles teams have in common with Fred’s first year? How many freshman contributed this year? How many of the losses were competitive (less than 15 points)?

I’m not an expert by any stretch, but I watch a game differently than you, which is why I think it’s not just childish, but also misguided to use a blanket statement like ‘we suck’ when talking about the team or it’s development. But you go ahead and continue your riveting in-depth analysis, and I’ll keep tossing in my two cents.

For those of us watching, we are starting to see a basketball program being developed. One with consistent offensive sets, go-to plays, well-designed defensive schemes, inbound plays with purpose, pacing, tempo, and timely substitutions. It reminds me of all the teams we played in the old Big 8 days.

For those of us watching, we are starting to see a basketball program being developed. One with consistent offensive sets, go-to plays, well-designed defensive schemes, inbound plays with purpose, pacing, tempo, and timely substitutions. It reminds me of all the teams we played in the old Big 8 days.
Yes. We had no chance of being a good team this year. I thought we'd be a little better (maybe 10 wins) but I'm not discouraged at all. We have more offensive identity than we've had in my lifetime and we've played better D than I was expecting. I'm excited for the future.

Which is why though we may not agree on all things hoops, I know you are looking beyond a record. A huge amount of work needed, but some good steps toward creating a solid foundation started this year.

People don’t realize how not having any upperclassmen familiar with the systems, be it meetings, offenses, defenses, inbounds plays, even just practice drills, really slows the processes early in the year. That’s when you really do a large portion of your framework. You can add a few things during the season, but it’s harder with a full games schedule. A full offseason, adding redshirts who have watched and participated in Fred’s system will allow him to do more next year than he was able to do this year. More teaching, less babysitting.

Not a given, but obviously doesn’t change his ability on the court. You keep reaching, little fella, you’ll grab something worth noting eventually.
Why do you and certain others on here always gotta try and make things personal? If you honestly think we were even a little bit good this year, well, that says all I need to know. Honestly also, I don't care how much talent Mack may be showing, if he is going to be a thug and a douche, good riddance. I have very little love for someone who leaves the scene of an accident and can't seem to stay out of trouble. I literally said that we sucked "this year" and if that hurts your little feelz, well, too bad. I also said that I think we have a bright future with Hoiberg as coach, so move on pal.

Why do you and certain others on here always gotta try and make things personal? If you honestly think we were even a little bit good this year, well, that says all I need to know. Honestly also, I don't care how much talent Mack may be showing, if he is going to be a thug and a douche, good riddance. I have very little love for someone who leaves the scene of an accident and can't seem to stay out of trouble. I literally said that we sucked "this year" and if that hurts your little feelz, well, too bad. I also said that I think we have a bright future with Hoiberg as coach, so move on pal.
I’m not the guy with inferiority issues in basic basketball understanding. Spend a little less time watching sportscenter highlights, and a little more watching actual games. There’s a lot more to the sport than windmill dunks and 3 point bombs. You have plenty of time to bone up on things before next season.

I’m not the guy with inferiority issues in basic basketball understanding. Spend a little less time watching sportscenter highlights, and a little more watching actual games. There’s a lot more to the sport than windmill dunks and 3 point bombs. You have plenty of time to bone up on things before next season.
You are confusing us not being good this year with me saying we were poorly coached, those are two separate things here. Losing our final 16 games is a GREAT indicator that we were not very good at all. Going 2 - 18 in league play, is not a good team in any league(2019-20 (7-24, 2-18)) 7 - 24 is not a good team in any league. You can't seem to get over that fact. I've even said I think we win somewhere between 16 - 20 games next year with the kids who sat out this season. Even though we will still be young, I like what I saw in Hoiberg and think we can win next year, however, this year we sucked and that is the bottom line here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back