• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #1, (W, 72-68), Sat, 11/11 vs Eastern Illinois, @ PBA, 7:30 pm CST, BTN Plus

You are bringing back some memories now ... loved that team, they were fun. Pike, Scales, King ... loved Beau Reid. I think Chubik was on that team too? Had an under rated lefty guard too if I'm not mistaken, named Moody? Could be wrong on that, I may be thinking a year or two later.

So much fun.

Keith Moody was a PG on that team. Had some clutch shots in his career. Chubik was a freshman. Tony Farmer was a huge contributor.

Keith Moody hit a three to win cement the Big 8 championship game against... OU? But my all time favorite Moody Moment was against CU, he got angry and bull rushed down the lane, knocking down CU's PG, Billy Law, and stepping on his crotch as he went for the layup. And the foul was on Law. :) Good times. Moody was an option QB from Va Tech, and transferred after his sophomore year didn't work out on the gridiron, so there was little doubt who had the winning mass in that collision.

I think that Moody shot, which was a leaning three, tied it up at the end of regulation. And then we took over and beat OU easily in OT. Though that may have been a first or second round game. It wasn't the championship game, as we didn't win the conference tournament that year. May have been Missouri, IIRC, that we lost to in the championship game.

Last edited:
I think that Moody shot, which was a leaning three, tied it up at the end of regulation. And then we took over and beat OU easily in OT. Though that may have been a first or second round game. It wasn't the championship game, as we didn't win the conference tournament that year. May have been Missouri, IIRC, that we lost to in the championship game.
You are correct, that was a first round game against OU, and it was still awesome. :)

I remember that game, I think I was there. Wasn’t it at the Kemper? I was barely old enough to know what was going on.

I remember that Keith Moody originally played QB at Virginia Tech. He used to play a lot of pick-up ball around town when I moved to Omaha years back. Guy was in incredible shape.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back