• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #1, (L, 47-66), Tue, 11/5 vs UC RIVERSIDE, @ PBA, 8:00pm CT, BTN-TV (Beginning The Fred Hoiberg Era)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Game Recap; links to Box Score, Post-Game Comments and all.

Don't Miss the Season Opener @ PBA
index.php

Huskers MBB Host UC Riverside in 2019-20 Season Opener

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO :Huskers: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:Cheer2: :Cheer2: :Cheer2: - :Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:

Game will be carried on BTN - TV
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday's opener will be carried nationally on BTN with Kevin Kugler and Shon Morris on the call. The game can also be streamed via the web, smartphones, tablets and connected devices through the Fox Sports app.

Fans can follow all of the action across the state of Nebraska on the Learfield-IMG Husker Sports Network with Kent Pavelka and Jake Muhleisen on the call. The game will also be available on Huskers.com, the Huskers app and TuneIn radio. The pregame show begins one hour prior to tipoff.

Lots more at the Link (plus Fred Hoiberg's 11/4 Press Conference (10:48). Sorry I can't embed it :Redface:)

Last edited:

So, are we starting four guards again? That seems to be the position where the talent is concentrated on this team

My hope is Stevenson is granted immediate eligibility tomorrow. Burke will start for sure though.
I hope so too. However, I don't believe the NCAA times things to make it convenient for the player and his team. I would go with Burke too for sure.

I'm getting kind of jacked to see how this is going to look..... Should be entertaining.

Here's some "Skinny' (from another site :Redface:)

The Skinny:
You got sort of a feel of the capabilities of this team during the exhibition when the Huskers put up 91 points despite a sluggish start and a subpar night from the line and from 3. This will be the fastest paced team in Nebraska Men's history as Fred Hoiberg and his undersized roster attempt to run teams off the court. This probably not very good Riverside team will be a nice test as they will attempt to slow down the pace and have a traditional center. UCR also has viable 3pt shooters so simply collapsing into the paint isn't the end-all solution. The Highlanders might not be that good but they should put up more fight than Doane.

There are lots of questions to be answered about this basketball team. Here are some key ones I have that I'm looking for answers to in this first game.
  • Who guards Dikymbe Martin, arguably their most dynamic scorer, when we run a strict man to man defense? Do we put our best defender on him or match up with relative height? Who do we consider our best defender?
  • Can Nebraska win the turnover battle and will that make a difference in games this year? Assuming we're going to lose a lot of the rebounding battles, you need to gain those extra possessions taking care of the ball. There were a lot of unforced turnovers vs Doane. Is that a sign of things to come?
  • Are there any elite contact drawers and who are they? From their stats it would seem that Burke and eventually Stevenson can get to the line. Who else on the team has the willingness and ability to draw fouls?
Back to the pressing question: who is going to win this game? At some point the amount of speed and talent on this Nebraska team will be too much to handle for UCR and the Huskers should take control of this game. Even if the Highlanders have sped up their game relative to last year, there is no way this team will want to run with the Nebraska. (still seems odd to say) Look for UCR's slow pace and offensive rebounds to keep the overall score a little lower and closer than might be desired.

Prediction: Nebraska 82 - UCR 70 with a 73% chance of Runza
hhcmatt - huskerhoopscentral.com

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back