• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matt Lubick is staying

For those not that familiar with Lubick he has had some success as a WR coach and an OC. Here is a clip from Matt Lubick’s Wikipedia page that offers a brief overview.

Lubick was one of three finalists for the American Football Coaches Association'sAssistant Coach of the Year award for 2012. A big reason is the production his receivers turned in for Duke, which reached a bowl game for the first time since 1994.[6] He was also named the wide receivers coach of the year in 2012 by footballscoop.com.[1]

Duke was the only FBS team in the country in 2012 with three receivers to catch at least 60 passes, led by Conner Vernon’s program-record 85 receptions. Vernon and Jamison Crowder also set an ACC record for most catches by a receiving tandem, combining for 157 receptions on the year. The Blue Devils were the 31st-ranked passing team in the FBS in 2012.[6]

On January 28, 2013, University of Oregonfootball coach Mark Helfrich hired Lubick as the Ducks' passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach. He replaced Scott Frost, who was promoted to offensive coordinator. Lubick's teaching's took Oregon's receivers to much improved level in his first season with the Ducks.[7] Josh Huffset the single-season mark for receiving yards in a season with 1,140 - breaking a school record that stood for 43 years.[8]Oregon set a school record for total offense in a season at 7,345, besting the old mark of 7,319 in 2011, which happened during a 14-game season.[9]

On January 1, 2016, Ducks Head Coach Mark Helfrich announced that Lubick would be promoted to Offensive Coordinator to replace the outgoing Scott Frost, who was hired as Head Coach at the University of Central Florida. Coach Frost took a similar path through the Oregon staff, being hired on as the Wide Receivers Coach when Chip Kellywas promoted to head coach in 2009. Frost was subsequently promoted to OC/QB Coach.[10] It was announced on January 20, 2016 that Coach Lubick would continue coaching the Wide Receivers as Offensive Coordinator.[11] Following Mark Helfrich's dismissal in December 2016 Lubick was not retained by new head coach Willie Taggart.

We don’t know how he’s going to do for us but I really like the idea of Frost handing the play calling duties over to Lubick so Frost can focus on managing the whole game. We’ll see how it works out.

I wonder who called the plays in the Rutgers game because it didn’t seem like the same offense they’ve run all season.

The fumbles and picks looked the same. :Biggrin:

I agree that the offense seemed to have some different elements to it that looked postive. That second half was a ton better looking in a lot of ways. Seemed more decisive, downhill, etc. If that's going to be more the model next year then I'm all for it.

It's great news. Hopefully there is no attempt to spin this as a negative.
i'm not sure why Frost would hire someone to such an important position on DONU if he's not even good enough to be a HC at boondocks university. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Or something.

in all seriousness, i hope this means Frost and Lubick were able to reach some type of understanding regarding the offense (hopefully with Lubick getting more responsibilities).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back