• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mathis To The Rams in Round 6 Of The NFL Draft

I was rather disappointed in his over all play last season. Thought he’d be a high impact defensive player which I do not believe happened. He seemed to be easily moved out of position by bigger lineman. Not very effective in using his speed generating sacks and/or QB hurries. Perhaps his star will shine brighter in the NFL? I wish him well however.

You could see flashes. He has the speed and seemed to be able to shed blocks in portions of games. I don't know if his issues with Nebraska were how he was used in our defense or what. It was pointed out to me that he improved holding the edge and his run defense throughout the year, which is accurate. Maybe a different outcome if he just goes straight to the Bill Busch coached D. It's a big step up to the NFL, but I'll be rooting for him.

Mathis has some tools. NFL teams put an inordinate amount of value on measurable and he did have some production earlier in his career at TCU. Can they get it out of him?

I’m not too up on there roster, but any experience the other guys have on Mathis is only beneficial if they have improved enough for that next contract. If not it’s Mathis job to lose. Either way he’s gonna have to show he’s got something or his career will be short. I’d be surprised if he don’t make the roster and shocked if he don’t at least make a practice squad (rams or otherwise) giving him a chance to improve.
Good luck Ochaun!!
1682949418518.png

Not a lot of notable names - beyond Donald but the sheer number of names suggests he has an uphill climb to make the roster - early prediction is practice squad!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back