• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maryland game to be exclusively on Peacock streaming - additional subscription required

I looked at their subscription cost. Do they cover everything Nebraska?
I pay $72.99 a month. Where they get u is with the apps. I've never missed a game. You can purchase Peacock a la carte like Prime and Netflix. I won't. I will go watch it at the Atlanta watch party here. Get some good food and enjoy Georgians for Nebraska. While we don't have the numbers we had in the 90s (we used to get in the hundreds) it's still fun. Or I'll pay the stream fee for the app and cancel. If I time it right I may pay zippy

So this is essentially an inconvenient $6 PPV game -- the cost of subscribing to Peacock for a month to watch it and then cancelling, plus the associated hassle of doing so.

This could become excessive in future years if other streaming services (such as CBS's Paramount) enter the fray. Is it really reasonable to expect fans to pay not only TV provider fees for BTN and FS 1 & 2, but for multiple subscription streaming services as well? This is an early press-to-test effort -- with more sure to follow -- to see how much fans will tolerate (and pay) to feed their addiction. You know there's trouble ahead if the next B10 TV contract includes Apple TV and Hulu.

A cautionary tale: The Longhorn Network. No forgetting the discontent from some B12 games being carried exclusively on the LHN, and the harm it did to the conference.

Last edited:
So....sign up for for month, set a reminder on the calendar to cancel, watch a 3 hour game, set a reminder on the calendar to confirm the cancellation, print the cancellation confirmation email to PDF & set a reminder to check the credit card statement in 2 months to follow up...

Either there's an app for this or radio/tracker sounds pretty good...

I signed up for the year special because I remembered that some NU basketball games were listed on it as well. I did Check and it does have 4 games listed.

I don’t like it but I guess will just bite the bullet. The odd thing to me is that it is a game with two teams with a decent record. I would expect it more if we both had terrible records.

This will require a subscription of $5.99/mo or $59.99/yr.

It sounds like some games are on both Peacock and NBC, but others are exclusively on Peacock only. This happens to be a Peacock-only game.

I can afford six bucks, but I'm pretty disappointed in this. I already have to pay extra for a TV package that includes BTN, and now this?

I guess these are the deals that help us pay extra on coaching contest buyouts.

I'm probably one of the few people who already has a Peacock subscription :Rolf:

If you like The Office or some other shows they carry, it can be worth the money. If nothing else, get the subscription and just look at it as a PPV game. Or go old-school and listen to it on the radio.

I looked at their subscription cost. Do they cover everything Nebraska?
I've had YouTubeTV for a little while now and they've had every Nebraska game since I've had it. Even last week when we started on FS2 and at the beginning of the season when a game started on Fox Business. I've been very happy with it as a whole. More channels I care about than I had on cable for less money. Plus, I can watch my DVR'd shows from any device, not just the TV that had the box connected to it.

Some of y'all getting bunched up shorts over this either are too young to appreciate, or have gotten too spoiled in recent years.

I was there. 3,000 years ago. OK, 25 years ago. Living in Wisconsin at the time. No radio coverage. No internet at home. Big 10 games that were on the radio couldn't care less about what was happening in the Big XII, but you'd watch or listen to other games, suffering through contests you cared nothing about, hoping for the occasional token out of league score updates. And if you were at work with no TV and no radio, hence no way to get program updates during other games, you literally had to wait until the next day so you could look up the final score in the fine print of the sports section of the printed newspaper.

I understand the annoyance of nickel and diming and juggling streaming subscriptions, but c'mon man, today's world of football watching access is positively glorious compared to back then. Remember to appreciate how good you really have it these days.

1698694225763.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back