• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Martinez or Gebbia?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

Who do you like to win the starting QB job?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3570

Hearing some former players who say Gebbia is the guy and has emerged as the team leader in a lot of areas. Not to be outdone, there are also former players who think Martinez is the guy.

From the Gebbia supporters, I hear that the Spring game was really just an anomaly for Martinez and that outside of that game, has not been overly impressive.

There are people "in the know" here, so I'm curious what their opinion is and what the general, overall opinion of every poster is on who will win the starting job?

Based solely on what I've seen....which isn't much, I like Martinez, but don't have a strong opinion either way. I suspect Fall camp will isolate the leader as we really bear down on installing offense and scheme

Most all of the major media outlets are acting like its Martinez. Not saying they know anything but then again...….they don't have a dog in the hunt on this so maybe they know something our emotions aren't letting us see. My only thing is they recruited Martinez for this system. Gebbia probably would not have been on their radar. Now I'm not saying Gebbia doesn't have the skills. I'm just saying.

Last edited:

Most all of the major media outlets are acting like its Martinez. Not saying they know anything but then again...….they don't have a dog in the hunt on this so maybe they know something we our emotions aren't letting us see. My only thing is they recruited Martinez for this system. Gebbia probably would not have been on their radar. Now I'm not saying Gebbia doesn't have the skills. I'm just saying.
Agreed.

I can't offer an opinion because I just haven't seen enough to do so and they're pretty close at this point. I liked what I saw from both in the Spring Game, but that wasn't enough for me to pick one. I don't know if they butchered a read, made the wrong adjustments, etc. because I don't know what the calls where and what progression they were supposed to take. As fans outside the 'circle of knowledge' we see successful plays and unsuccessful plays as the dividing line between good and bad quarterback play and that's not always the case. Sometimes we don't know what they did wrong on a play that could have been disastrous, so we reduce our evaluation to forward progress of the offense and/or points. I have a feeling we'll see both in the non con games this Fall because the staff is going to have as hard a time separating them as I am.

Akron can't come soon enough.

Yea but its the week that fall camp starts so we are allowed to start over.
I scrolled for a bit and didn't see any threads on the topic, plus I just had 2 former running backs both give me opinions recently, so I thought I'd start a thread.

What were their opinions?
They were split. Although 1 guy admits to not being real close to anything going on there right now. He said he likes Martinez. The other guy is still involved and seems to have an idea of what is going on day to day, and he likes Gebbia. Said Gebbia is turning into a real leader and has even been the guy that approved of discipline for certain guys that violate team rules.

They were split. Although 1 guy admits to not being real close to anything going on there right now. He said he likes Martinez. The other guy is still involved and seems to have an idea of what is going on day to day, and he likes Gebbia. Said Gebbia is turning into a real leader and has even been the guy that approved of discipline for certain guys that violate team rules.

Kind of jealous. Wish I was living in Lincoln and could have the ability to develop relationships with people a part of and close to the system. My passion runs deep but distance is far.

Kind of jealous. Wish I was living in Lincoln and could have the ability to develop relationships with people a part of and close to the system. My passion runs deep but distance is far.
I live in Omaha, but have relationships with people that allow me to know a handful of former Huskers. I'm nobody important. Just fortunate enough to know some important people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back