• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Martinez and pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoREDo

REDo posts matter!!!
10 Year Member
We all know that Taylor Martinez isn't the greatest QB out there when it comes to handling pressure. But really, for the first time in his career, he has legitimate pressure for his position in terms of the play of the backups and the response of the fans to that play.

Obviously when healthy, TM is the starter but how will he perform now that he isn't the all or nothing at the position as was once the perception?

Yet another thread attacking Martinez and making spurious indictments of his play?

Seriously, what's the point?

Yet another thread attacking Martinez and making spurious indictments of his play?

Seriously, what's the point?

Its not really attacking Martinez as much as asking a legitimate question.

Do you think Martinez handles pressure well most of the time?

Interesting take. I thought this was another run of the mill TM hater post. But you present a good point. If he handles it like he handles the pocket collapsing, TA will get a lot more playing time.

Once again, I think he's still on the bench for the Illinois game. But if he does start we'll find out pretty fast, it shouldn't take the Illini long to score and put him on the field! :cry:

Interesting take. I thought this was another run of the mill TM hater post. But you present a good point. If he handles it like he handles the pocket collapsing, TA will get a lot more playing time.

Once again, I think he's still on the bench for the Illinois game. But if he does start we'll find out pretty fast, it shouldn't take the Illini long to score and put him on the field! :cry:

Sad but true.

IMO TM is quite a competitor and he won't be fazed at all.

We all know that Taylor Martinez isn't the greatest QB out there when it comes to handling pressure. But really, for the first time in his career, he has legitimate pressure for his position in terms of the play of the backups and the response of the fans to that play.

Obviously when healthy, TM is the starter but how will he perform now that he isn't the all or nothing at the position as was once the perception?

I have a mixed opinion of TM and pressure. Typically when he's playing poorly it seems it's when the pressure is getting/has gotten to him. On the other hand, in several of the comebacks last year he excelled under pressure.

In any case, I'm not sure it's just Taylor who is inconsistent under pressure. The O-line, at times, has seemed give in, and if the defense has any identity at all right now and over the past year, it's an identity of folding under pressure.

It will be interesting to see how Martinez handles the emergence of TA and RK3. I hope the competition, as well as seeing things from the sideline a little bit and gaining some perspective, helps Martinez settle down and become a better QB.

Last edited:
1. It's a bye week.
2. Taylor Martinez is an easy target.

I don't think I am picking on him. There is plenty of ammo for that. I was just curious how he will deal with the added pressure of his competition being more "high profile" than it ever has before.

There is no doubt at all that he is a competitor. But this is a new obstacle for him.

Taylor's gone thru quite a bit of adversity in his 3 years and change as a starter. I think he has a pretty good set of blinders when it comes to dealing with outside "pressure" or "circumstances".

Now, I don't think he's played considerably BETTER when dealing with adversity, but I don't think he's let it bog him down on the field that much... I think he will respond like he always has, and be the same TM when he steps onto the field next

Its not really attacking Martinez as much as asking a legitimate question.

Do you think Martinez handles pressure well most of the time?

How dare you ask a question pertaining to something that very well may be a scenerio!!!!

Last edited:

I don't think we'll see anything different from TM. He is who he is. Hopefully Bo won't allow TM to play when he's not 100% healthy. Especially since we seem to have credible backups for the QB position who are healthy and eager to play. I'm curious as to what it will take before BO/Beck Pull TM in favor of one of our backups if need be?...

I don't think I am picking on him. There is plenty of ammo for that. I was just curious how he will deal with the added pressure of his competition being more "high profile" than it ever has before.

If you are picking on him, he deserves it. Taylor Martinez added stress to my life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back