• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mark Whipple for OC?

https://twitter.com/TalkHuskers

1638908749633.png

Last edited:

What are you talking about. Pitt was second in the country in scoring offense.
Agreed. Poaching a coordinator from a team that just win a P5 championship seems like a pretty great result, particularly a team that was 3rd in the nation in scoring. Were people expecting Frost to hire Urban Meyer as his coordinator?

One thing I’d like about Whipple is his maturity. He’s a guy that can help Frost with some seasoning. Would love to find a good source to break down Pitt’s offense for us.

Last edited:
Agreed. Poaching a coordinator from a team that just win a P5 championship seems like a pretty great result, particularly a team that was 2nd in the nation in scoring. We’re people expecting Frost to hire Urban Meyer as his coordinator?

One thing I’d like about Whipple is his maturity. He’s a guy that can help Frost with some seasoning. Would love to find a good source to break down Pitt’s offense for us.
Liking what I'm reading about him. Still no idea if it's just rumor or what but if it's him, I think it's a homerun hire.

Take the best guy regardless of age. If he come in and fails, Frost is gone and Whipple with him. Let's say we hired him n he works out. After three/four years he's may be ready to retire. Well from there we have Joseph and Beckton (if they both stick around) ready to promote or we have a couple good years from which we can hire again.
That would require people to be patient and have some foresight, that doesn't happen very much on here. Impatient people seem to rule the world.

Lots of buzz on Twitter (I know, believe me, I know). He just resigned from Pitt today and isn't obviously coaching them in the Peach bowl.

I know exactly zero about Pitt this year. Thoughts?
My son called and told me, I said the same thing as you.
He is OC and QB coach, Heisman candidate QB 47 TD to 6 or 7 int. Pitt is ranked #12 and just beat Wake Forest in the ACC championship game.

There are OC openings at LSU and Miami as well. Just saying. Family issues have also been brought up.
So who knows why he resigned today.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back