• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mark Whipple for OC?

Someone has tried to update his Wiki page to being OC of Nebraska. Last I saw was he is resigning due to family issues.

I don't believe the interwebs.
Yes the same issues that caused Urban Meyer to resign a few years back :rolleyes:

His google search page also lists him as the Nebraska OC lol

Statistically, Pitt ranked 3rd in points scored this season (43.0 ppg). Averaged 350 in the air; 150 on the ground; 500 yards total. Pretty even balance as far as play calling 40 pass attempts on average compared to 38 on the ground.

Whipple's first year at Pitt [2019] offense ranked 114th of 130 in scoring. Jumped to 58th last season.

When he was at Miami [FL], similar balanced play calling with lack luster results. Looks like his career at UMass had some successful seasons. In 1993, Sports Illustrated dubbed his New Haven team as having "the best offense in college football".

Personally, it wouldn't be the most exciting of hires. There seem to be mixed results. You can look at his successes and try to build some excitement off of them, but you could also get pretty down about some of the failures.
Big imporvement on what Neb has now.

Statistically, Pitt ranked 3rd in points scored this season (43.0 ppg). Averaged 350 in the air; 150 on the ground; 500 yards total. Pretty even balance as far as play calling 40 pass attempts on average compared to 38 on the ground.

Whipple's first year at Pitt [2019] offense ranked 114th of 130 in scoring. Jumped to 58th last season.

When he was at Miami [FL], similar balanced play calling with lack luster results. Looks like his career at UMass had some successful seasons. In 1993, Sports Illustrated dubbed his New Haven team as having "the best offense in college football".

Personally, it wouldn't be the most exciting of hires. There seem to be mixed results. You can look at his successes and try to build some excitement off of them, but you could also get pretty down about some of the failures.
And lets not forget this could very well be a "one and done" scenario for anyone who is hired, so I wouldn't give up on it just yet (if he is indeed the hire)

Yes the same issues that caused Urban Meyer to resign a few years back :rolleyes:

His google search page also lists him as the Nebraska OC lol
the-machine-knows-machine.gif

Whipple did an in-home visit with Chubba Purdy (FSU transfer QB) last night before he stepped down. could be important in if grandpa Whipple gets the nod for OC

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back