• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mark Whipple for OC?

Oh, the blowout losses are most crushing to me. I know people are upset about the 2021 season, but we were right there, knocking on the door of respectability. No Melvin Gordon's setting lifetime rushing records. No losses by 30-50 points on Natty TV.

Hell, the NE-IA game on Black Friday set all time Big Ten Network viewership records.

I just hope the upheaval this year and changes in staff and players doesn't disrupt the momentum that we have going, because there's a good chance it will.
While I don’t see a ton of momentum in a 3-9 season if it does get disrupted it’s because of the head coach who made the decision to can 40% of his staff.

Last edited:
Close losses while going 9-3 is very different than close losses and going 3-9. Enough of the symbolic wins. Time to show progress in the W column after 4 years.
Getting embarrassed in a CHAMPIONSHIP game seems a lot more appealing than never sniffing a winning record. (BTW, Bo was a nightmare and we deserved better than him just like we deserve better than Riley and Frost, too).

While I don’t see a ton of momentum in a 3-9 season if it does get disrupted it’s because of the head coach who made the decision to can 40% of his staff.

Scott's decision was based on a risk/reward dilemma. Stay tuned! :)

Last edited:
tumblr_plswtyWO4C1wjx0zxo1_500.gif

Last edited:
I think what they were referring to are the embarrassing beatdowns on national tv that have happened to NU far too frequently since, honestly, Colorado in 2001. A loss is still a loss, sure. But giving up 70 to Wisconsin in the Big 10 title game is worse than losing by a FG as far as the perception of the program.
I'd argue 4 straight losing seasons, and 3-9 in year 4, are worse for the perception of the program than getting boatraced in a conf. Championship game.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back