• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey

Is it just me, or does McCaffrey look like a skinny 16 year old. Honestly, he may be the best QB on our team overall talent wise, but zero way he'd make it through a full season without getting hurt. He looked like a little kid out there to me.

It's really mind blowing to me how our starter can be so bad, yet a guy runs one play for less than a yard and we are clamoring for him to be the starter.

Smdh.
I'm thinking it's mostly sarcasm, at least I hope. He just wouldn't make it a full season and he'd most likely get knocked out for the rest of the season playing against OSu, Wiscy, Iowa, etc. at this point in his young college career. jmho

I'm thinking it's mostly sarcasm, at least I hope. He just wouldn't make it a full season and he'd most likely get knocked out for the rest of the season playing against OSu, Wiscy, Iowa, etc. at this point in his young college career. jmho
Yes, mostly sarcasm. Just having fun. The kid sounds like he will be special.

Is it just me, or does McCaffrey look like a skinny 16 year old. Honestly, he may be the best QB on our team overall talent wise, but zero way he'd make it through a full season without getting hurt. He looked like a little kid out there to me.

He's put on some beef since HS . . . if you think he's skinny now, you should have seen what he looked like at Valor HS.

He's a tough kid. Whole family is. Trevor Lawrence is pretty dang skinny, too, and he's survived.

We have a few "skill" guys who look like skinny 16 year olds. They look like the B1G meat grinder will break them in half.

Spencer Tillman said the other day that the most important ability in football is dependability - staying healthy and available to play. We do have a few guys that aren't quite up to that standard yet - Mo Wash, JD, Adrian (though he's not a skinny guy). We'll see about Wandale - so far, so good.

He's put on some beef since HS . . . if you think he's skinny now, you should have seen what he looked like at Valor HS.

He's a tough kid. Whole family is. Trevor Lawrence is pretty dang skinny, too, and he's survived.

Milton at UCF was durable up until the tragic injury.

He had played zero games thru the first 5. It’s fine.

Yep, personally I would play him against Minnesota a lot. Nebraska needs to win the games it has a really good chance of winning. IMO Minnesota is a game that they have a good chance of winning. They need to give themselves every chance to win. I think that means they need to play anyone that they think can help them win. They have 4 games, use those games and make some plays If he can catch a pass, give him a package where he is in the game. Play Ramire Johnson 2 more games. Play him a lot.

Last edited:

I still don’t get the decision to put him in. Where was Bunch? Waste of 25% of his games to play w out burning his shirt.
Could not agree more, What the heck was Frost thinking? Should have been Bunch. It's not like Vedral was hurt, his helmet came off. Probably will mean nothing but I just don't see why burn a game for Luke for 1 play?

Last edited:

I know redshirt strategy is important but to me, at this point, you play the player that gives you the best chance to win this Saturday, period. If Luke is ready he starts; if not Vedral can run this system very well.

Frankly, I am very interested to see if either of these two connect with the open receivers I think I see every week. Just sayin.....
looks like that might be Vedral

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back