• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Looks like the EV craze is cooling off

Forget fuel efficiency and planet-saving for a minute.

Hybrids give you an OPTION. We should be optimizing hybrids so they can run just as efficiently on gasoline OR electricity.

If gas prices are up, just drive the car with 75% electricity. If electric is climbing, drive it with 75% gas.

I realize that's an oversimplification, but consider that the government WANTS you dependent on electric cars - that they can switch off with a flick of the wrist. Just look at California with their rolling blackouts, or the over-panicked response to Covid-19.

It should be painfully obvious that the government would LOVE to control our movement. A true gas/electric hybrid that can run fully on either system is a great option for the public.

Dirty secret:

One of the big selling points of EVs was that the batteries could be recycled. Technically that is true, but the cost to do so doesn’t make it worth while - by a long shot.

So…these highly toxic batteries are being buried at your local dump.
what they dont tell you is the sector that produces the most greenhouse gases is the same industry that creates these batteries....

Forget fuel efficiency and planet-saving for a minute.

Hybrids give you an OPTION. We should be optimizing hybrids so they can run just as efficiently on gasoline OR electricity.

If gas prices are up, just drive the car with 75% electricity. If electric is climbing, drive it with 75% gas.

I realize that's an oversimplification, but consider that the government WANTS you dependent on electric cars - that they can switch off with a flick of the wrist. Just look at California with their rolling blackouts, or the over-panicked response to Covid-19.

It should be painfully obvious that the government would LOVE to control our movement. A true gas/electric hybrid that can run fully on either system is a great option for the public.
Plug in hybrids seem like a viable alternative to all electric. Seems like I read somewhere that this is the direction Toyota was going in the future.

Well, well, how the turn tables.
1*caByH6RLCHxfGvDewB7Faw.jpeg

E bikes are where its at. Sales have been steadily increasing, designs are being created for various usage, long distance, power, speed and some with limited delivery.
I've been cruising the interweebles and am seeing many riders commuting to work or shop etc, savings for these things in all categories for sure.
Maybe the EV makers meant e bikes when they were talking up EVs

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back