• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Looking Ahead To The Sweet 16

They'd still get more than their share. Much more. Guys like that wouldn't trickle down to Nebraska, Iowa, Creighton, etc.

They will still be stacked, but Cal won't have 4 of the top 10 every year, that level player has too much ego to wait their turn. Same for duke, carolina, the cuse, Many top players will still go to these schools, but the overall talent level will rise and a few bluebloods will go elsewhere to be THE man

I hope ISU can get rest this week, get the legs back under themselves a bit, and re-kajigger their rotation for UCONN.

I haven't seen UConn, but this should be a game ISU can win on paper, even without Niang. I wouldn't pick them to get past msu/uva though...dammit. They battled last night and some guys stepped up. Same thing has to happen In this game.
Watched UCONN all season and believe they are better then ISU. They've played better teams more often the ISU imo and have perhaps the best point guard in the country. Should be a great game but I look for UCONN to win…………

Uconn is good but ISU played in the best conference so I would say they played better teams. Should be a great matchup. Look for ISU to win 81-76

Uconn is good but ISU played in the best conference so I would say they played better teams. Should be a great matchup. Look for ISU to win 81-76
The wonderful part of college basketball is this gets settled head to head as opposed to football where to many times it's pure speculation on which team is best! BTW.. here's ESPN top 25 power rankings at the end of the regular season. UCONN is rated 23rd in the country while ISU isn't even rated. Suggests to me UCONN played a tougher schedule "over all"……. OOC and in conference! That's another reason I believe UCONN will be up to the challenge of ISU. On the other hand there have already been plenty of so called upsets with teams like Duke and Wichita going home early!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/powerrankings

If you love basketball it's impossible to not love the NCAA tournament. Probably one of the FEW things the NCAA puts together worth a darn imo………… GO HUSKIES!

Last edited:

I hope ISU can get rest this week, get the legs back under themselves a bit, and re-kajigger their rotation for UCONN.

I haven't seen UConn, but this should be a game ISU can win on paper, even without Niang. I wouldn't pick them to get past msu/uva though...dammit. They battled last night and some guys stepped up. Same thing has to happen In this game.

I have ISU in the my final four. But that was before the injury. But based on a different thread, maybe ISU can go out and get a DI transfer before the Sweet Sixteen game :Biggrin:

Connecticut has great guard play and can never be underestimated in the tourney. I'm guessing that will be a tough game for ISU to win at this point.

I have been touting the baseball rule for years, most people look at me like im nuts. Same story too, have the draft and then decide to sign or school. It will keep the NBA from drafting "Developement" guys because if they can't sign them they wasted a pick. I believe an occasional guy is ready but MOST players would benifit from some time in college. On the flip side, one and done's have made the tourny more fun as experienced older, though less talented, teams can run with the big boys.

What I don't think is fair in basketball or football , is not every kid is made out for or even wants to go to and focus on college. There should be a way for them to take a chance and just advance their sports career. But in football that would never work. And if they took that chance and failed, getting back in to college later may be harder for some because of the lack of a sports scholarship. So it wouldn't work perfect either.

The wonderful part of college basketball is this gets settled head to head as opposed to football where to many times it's pure speculation on which team is best! BTW.. here's ESPN top 25 power rankings at the end of the regular season. UCONN is rated 23rd in the country while ISU isn't even rated. Suggests to me UCONN played a tougher schedule "over all"……. OOC and in conference! That's another reason I believe UCONN will be up to the challenge of ISU. On the other hand there have already been plenty of so called upsets with teams like Duke and Wichita going home early!

If you love basketball it's impossible to not love the NCAA tournament. Probably one of the FEW things the NCAA puts together worth a darn imo………… GO HUSKIES!

I'd say the CWS isn't bad either!

I have ISU in the my final four. But that was before the injury. But based on a different thread, maybe ISU can go out and get a DI transfer before the Sweet Sixteen game :Biggrin:

Connecticut has great guard play and can never be underestimated in the tourney. I'm guessing that will be a tough game for ISU to win at this point.

Playing at MSG is almost like playing at home for UCONN. It's a home away from home so to speak. The place will be PACKED with UCONN fans and will amp up the team. If they were playing on a true neutral court I'd say it was a toss up, but they aren't. If ISU can beat them at MSG then they deserve all the accolades they will get!

What I don't think is fair in basketball or football , is not every kid is made out for or even wants to go to and focus on college. There should be a way for them to take a chance and just advance their sports career. But in football that would never work. And if they took that chance and failed, getting back in to college later may be harder for some because of the lack of a sports scholarship. So it wouldn't work perfect either.
I could argue both sides of this story but ... fundamentally I am a free-market philosophy guy ... if Andrew Wiggins wants, and is capable of playing in the NBA ... why should he not be allowed to pursue that opportunity?

He is taking personal risk of giving up college eligibility to pursue that dream. There is risk-reward. Conversely by staying in college he is risking injury that might hurt his professional career.

The NBA or NFL or Colleges supporting a ban/restriction on early entries are doing so to protect their own interests. It is silly to think that they are being virtuous enough to protect kids from themselves.

Bobby Knight pontificating that the NBA is "raping" colleges is coming from the perspective of the college programs. Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker and Julius Randle are good enough that they could have made an NBA roster. If there are a dozen other kids to try and fail - that is the risk they are personally taking. It is the same kind of risk any one of us take when we leave one job for another. Heaven help us if one of these early entry failures would have to pay for their own education!

Thats the true beauty of baseballs system. They get drafted, then they decide what to do. Everyone has eyes wide open. If you like your draft spot (money) then go, but if not then you know that you are committed to school for 3 years. I really believe that this is the best answer to the problem. The truely special can go, but the iffy guys with uncle greedy in their ear can see that they are suddenly undrafted or even a drastically lower pick than they believed themselves to be. If that happens then CBB is still there for them and they can hone their skills and try again in a few years, bigger stronger, and mentally tougher

What are you talking about?, ISU is rated 16 on ESPN. They are RPI 7 to UConn 22 and had a tougher OOC RPI too. Now they are playing closer to home and ISU lost Niang which is hurting them.

I think you are over looking them and your own link.

What are you talking about?, ISU is rated 16 on ESPN. They are RPI 7 to UConn 22 and had a tougher OOC RPI too. Now they are playing closer to home and ISU lost Niang which is hurting them.

I think you are over looking them and your own link.
My mistake……. I didn't even see ISU there…….. lol….. that's really over looking them! However it will be settled tonight and I still believe ISU is not good enough to beat UCONN……….

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back