• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Looking Ahead To The Sweet 16

redarmy

Starter
5 Year Member
I like these teams to advance to the Elite 8

Florida
Stanford
Virginia
Iowa State
Arizona
Wisconsin
Louisville
Michigan

The Virginia/MSU game should be awesome. Louisville/Kentucky should be extremely good as well. BIG has a good chance to field 3 teams in the Elite 8. If MSU can beat Virginia, then they could easily field 2 final 4 teams. I think Wisconsin has a chance to go as well.

Kentucky is going to be awfully hard to beat if they play like they did yesterday. 5 freshman starting! 35 games in they are probably starting to feel pretty comfortable. Thank god for the 1 and done rule...if these guys had to stick around they'd be simply unbeatable by their Junior year.

I don't much care for Baylor but I think they'll beat Wisconsin. ISU/UConn, L'ville/UK and UVA/MSU are all toss ups in my mind. Guess I'd have to go with

Florida
Stanford
Michigan State
Iowa State
Arizona
Baylor
Louisville
Michigan

Of course, that's probably the kiss of death for those teams given the way my bracket looks. Still have my final four, though (MSU, Fla, L'ville and Baylor).

I don't much care for Baylor but I think they'll beat Wisconsin. ISU/UConn, L'ville/UK and UVA/MSU are all toss ups in my mind. Guess I'd have to go with

Florida
Stanford
Michigan State
Iowa State
Arizona
Baylor
Louisville
Michigan

Of course, that's probably the kiss of death for those teams given the way my bracket looks. Still have my final four, though (MSU, Fla, L'ville and Baylor).

i can see MSU winning as well. I am rooting for Virginia but MSU will be tough. other than baylor, we are on the same page. I just think Wisky will play hard nose bball while limiting turnovers. Baylor has advanced with win over a team that couldnt buy a basket inside or out for the better part of a half and they advanced against a team with zero inside game. I think Wisky will have a inside out game that keeps them in the game. should be a good one.

I have a Final Four of Florida, Mich St., Arizona and Michigan. I have Arizona winning it all and nothing I saw last weekend has changed my mind about that. I've decided that the best thing for my bracket is to have all the other contenders to lose. Therefore, I will be rooting for UCLA over Fla, Va over MSU, UConn over ISU, Wisc over Baylor and Kentucky over Louisville.

Kentucky is going to be awfully hard to beat if they play like they did yesterday. 5 freshman starting! 35 games in they are probably starting to feel pretty comfortable. Thank god for the 1 and done rule...if these guys had to stick around they'd be simply unbeatable by their Junior year.
But new commissioner for NBA wants new rule at 20 years of age. I wish they would just do the baseball rule you can go pro or have to stay 3 years if you go to college.

I really think the 20 year old rule will pass for next year.

i can see MSU winning as well. I am rooting for Virginia but MSU will be tough. other than baylor, we are on the same page. I just think Wisky will play hard nose bball while limiting turnovers. Baylor has advanced with win over a team that couldnt buy a basket inside or out for the better part of a half and they advanced against a team with zero inside game. I think Wisky will have a inside out game that keeps them in the game. should be a good one.

I think Wisconsin was the best all around team in the B1G and I wouldn't be shocked to see them make the Final Four. I picked Baylor mostly because Wisconsin has underachieved in the tourney in recent years and Baylor has the length to change shot trajectory for some of UW's 3 point shooters. Should be fun!

I have a Final Four of Florida, Mich St., Arizona and Michigan. I have Arizona winning it all and nothing I saw last weekend has changed my mind about that. I've decided that the best thing for my bracket is to have all the other contenders to lose. Therefore, I will be rooting for UCLA over Fla, Va over MSU, UConn over ISU, Wisc over Baylor and Kentucky over Louisville.

I undervalued Arizona. I didn't watch them much this year and they are better than I thought. I think the injury to Niang with eventually catch up to Iowa State, but it probabl won't happen against UConn.

I have mixed emotions about that. It definitely swings the pendulum back to the traditional blue bloods who can pull in those recruits. On the other hand, I'm not sure any 18 year old is equipped to handle life as an NBA star. It's probably best for those young players to grow up a little before having to deal with all the pressure. The baseball guys usually have to work their way up through the minor leagues before being faced with all that.

Last edited:
I hope ISU can get rest this week, get the legs back under themselves a bit, and re-kajigger their rotation for UCONN.

I haven't seen UConn, but this should be a game ISU can win on paper, even without Niang. I wouldn't pick them to get past msu/uva though...dammit. They battled last night and some guys stepped up. Same thing has to happen In this game.

But new commissioner for NBA wants new rule at 20 years of age. I wish they would just do the baseball rule you can go pro or have to stay 3 years if you go to college.

It's certainly in the best interest of the NBA. And it's in the best interest of the ELITE of college basketball...Duke, UNC, KU, UK, etc. But for programs that don't get those players anyway...and still won't...it will make it tougher to go deep in the tourney.

If players had to stick around, the Kentucky's would not be as successful recruiting all these parade All-
Americans, other schools would have a better chance of getting some of them. I love the baseball rule, go pro right away, or stick for three years.

I believe Tenn. is the most underated team left.

Last edited:

If players had to stick around, the Kentucky's would not be as successful recruiting all these parade All-
Americans, other schools would have a better chance of getting some of them. I love the baseball rule, go pro right away, or stick for three years.

I believe Tenn. is the most underated team left.

They'd still get more than their share. Much more. Guys like that wouldn't trickle down to Nebraska, Iowa, Creighton, etc.

Anybody else jacked about Thursday being right around the corner? I like the teams I listed but I have this feeling that we haven't seen the end of the madness. This thing is still wide open.

Goodnight.

I have been touting the baseball rule for years, most people look at me like im nuts. Same story too, have the draft and then decide to sign or school. It will keep the NBA from drafting "Developement" guys because if they can't sign them they wasted a pick. I believe an occasional guy is ready but MOST players would benifit from some time in college. On the flip side, one and done's have made the tourny more fun as experienced older, though less talented, teams can run with the big boys.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back