• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Look, if it's Rhule... some (positive) comments.

College Game Day crew just spent quite a bit of time talking about the Huskers hiring Matt Rhule. Every one of the group raved about the hire and how Rhule was a great program builder.
If Herbstreet agreed, then I'm pulling my support for Rhule.

College Game Day crew just spent quite a bit of time talking about the Huskers hiring Matt Rhule. Every one of the group raved about the hire and how Rhule was a great program builder.
A few years ago, College Game Day crew and lot of national sportswriters said MR was a great hire

That's a risk with any coach on the rise these days. Actually I'd be thrilled with that scenario as it means we're winning again. Better than needing to can our last few coaches after 4-5 years.
Agree…if whoever gets the baton can finish the relay.

I thought this thread was for positive comments, not more whining. Perhaps it’s time to shift the focus to the future, not the past. Even if Rhule had a 100% win percentage at his prior jobs, what matters now is what his win percentage will be here next year. He has a history of turning win percentages around at two different programs. Time to throw support behind him and hope he can do it again. At this point Rhule’s future success is our future success. It’s in our best interest to fully support him.

ok...time to "keep it 100". My favorite coach coaching now is lincoln riley. my first choice was um, then ds then lk.

however, if you would have told me last year, that while sf was here stealing money and losing games, that rhule would be the coach next year, i would have been elated. regardless of how you splice his record, the fact is, he won....WON!!! remember that feeling? i will also give ta credit for this. he clearly had his man the minute he fired sf. and he kept it under wraps. for that, i have to throw love his way.

I think it could be the best hire we have had in the last two decades. Not only does he have a history of program building, he has very high leadership skills, both on and off the field, which speaks volumes about who he really is.

xI9xOUr.png

I'm not saying it is Rhule and I'm not making any predictions. (If I did I would be performing a lot better on Fan Duel than I am.)

1. Yes, I wanted him gone from the Panthers, but only because he was coaching them with a college coach mindset, as opposed to an NFL coaching mindset.
2. He worked his ass off.
3. He ran as full of contact (blocking, pads and tackling) practices that the NFLPA would allow.
4. He took ownership in press conferences.
5. He is very loyal to his team.
6. He came to the Panthers in the Covid year with very little physical contact with the players. That was a huge disadvantage for all coaches, especially for a new guy.
7. Regarding the $40 million in his pocket? The Panther owner was so smitten with Rhule, during their interview, he offered a, ridiculous, 7 year $70 million plus contract. Rhule, in not so many words, was shocked. I would have jumped on it too!

The bottom line is this. If it's him, I think you will like him. He has a dedicated work ethic. Will we win a Big 10 championship with him? I don't know, but we will win games, upset some teams and go to bowl games. (I've said this before, if he talked Joe Brady (QB coach of the Bills) into coming with him as QB/OC and pairing him with Mickey, just like Odgeron had at LSU with Burrow, Jefferson and Chase... ooooh baby what a team they would make on offense.)

I hope this helps you feel better, if it, indeed, is Matt Rhule.
View attachment 91022
I feel so good right now. In all the years I've been wrong, I got two things right in 2022: I had said Frost was a fraud and I truly believed Rhule would get the job. I may never be right again so I'll enjoy this moment and the press conference on Monday.

I feel so good right now. In all the years I've been wrong, I got two things right in 2022: I had said Frost was a fraud and I truly believed Rhule would get the job. I may never be right again so I'll enjoy this moment and the press conference on Monday.
well, unlike you, i was completely wrong lol. its your moment homie..take it.....good call :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back