• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Look, if it's Rhule... some (positive) comments.

Dugzilla

Charlotte Husker
5 Year Member
I'm not saying it is Rhule and I'm not making any predictions. (If I did I would be performing a lot better on Fan Duel than I am.)

1. Yes, I wanted him gone from the Panthers, but only because he was coaching them with a college coach mindset, as opposed to an NFL coaching mindset.
2. He worked his ass off.
3. He ran as full of contact (blocking, pads and tackling) practices that the NFLPA would allow.
4. He took ownership in press conferences.
5. He is very loyal to his team.
6. He came to the Panthers in the Covid year with very little physical contact with the players. That was a huge disadvantage for all coaches, especially for a new guy.
7. Regarding the $40 million in his pocket? The Panther owner was so smitten with Rhule, during their interview, he offered a, ridiculous, 7 year $70 million plus contract. Rhule, in not so many words, was shocked. I would have jumped on it too!

The bottom line is this. If it's him, I think you will like him. He has a dedicated work ethic. Will we win a Big 10 championship with him? I don't know, but we will win games, upset some teams and go to bowl games. (I've said this before, if he talked Joe Brady (QB coach of the Bills) into coming with him as QB/OC and pairing him with Mickey, just like Odgeron had at LSU with Burrow, Jefferson and Chase... ooooh baby what a team they would make on offense.)

I hope this helps you feel better, if it, indeed, is Matt Rhule.
11130378_832743843480881_2900709982503201110_o.jpg

Why would anyone feel bad about Matt Rhule coaching the Huskers? If its true its being viewed as a home run hire except for a certain group on this forum. Rhule is universally respected inside the coaching community and will fit in well in the B1G.

Last edited:

My guess he's the guy and that all the hype and secrecy was all for not. I get giving the rest if the season to Mickey but why not start the ball rolling again. It's not like he's a super hire, imo. I hope I'm wrong.

My guess he's the guy and that all the hype and secrecy was all for not. I get giving the rest if the season to Mickey but why not start the ball rolling again. It's not like he's a super hire, imo. I hope I'm wrong.

Just taking a guess but time for vetting and then contract negotiation.

C

ni
I'm not saying it is Rhule and I'm not making any predictions. (If I did I would be performing a lot better on Fan Duel than I am.)

1. Yes, I wanted him gone from the Panthers, but only because he was coaching them with a college coach mindset, as opposed to an NFL coaching mindset.
3. He ran as full of contact (blocking, pads and tackling) practices that the NFLPA would allow.
6. He came to the Panthers in the Covid year with very little physical contact with the players. That was a huge disadvantage for all coaches, especially for a new guy.
7. Regarding the $40 million in his pocket? The Panther owner was so smitten with Rhule, during their interview, he offered a, ridiculous, 7 year $70 million plus contract. Rhule, in not so many words, was shocked. I would have jumped on it too!

The bottom line is this. If it's him, I think you will like him. He has a dedicated work ethic. Will we win a Big 10 championship with him? I don't know, but we will win games, upset some teams and go to bowl games. (I've said this before, if he talked Joe Brady (QB coach of the Bills) into coming with him as QB/OC and pairing him with Mickey, just like Odgeron had at LSU with Burrow, Jefferson and Chase... ooooh baby what a team they would make on offense.)

View attachment 91022
wow, nice thread and post homie. you got me sold. never looked at those factors. while he is not my first choice, i will say i will find it hard to understand people being upset if he is the pick.

There's a couple guys I would rather have . . . but, that said, Rhule was easily in my Top 5 and I will be pretty happy if he comes to NU. I've made a number of posts in the other thread as to why, so I won't go into depth here. But positives would be:

- He brought a bad Temple team out of the dumps
- He brought Baylor back after their scandal that many thought could be the end of their program
- NU is a serious rebuild . . . so it fits Ruhle's MO
- I think he tends to get a lot out of lesser talent and we need development and some diamonds in the rough
- He tends to have good line play
- I think Ruhle is just one of those coaches who thrives in college . . . tired the NFL and just wasn't a fit. Back to where he thrives.

There's a couple guys I would rather have . . . but, that said, Rhule was easily in my Top 5 and I will be pretty happy if he comes to NU. I've made a number of posts in the other thread as to why, so I won't go into depth here. But positives would be:

- He brought a bad Temple team out of the dumps
- He brought Baylor back after their scandal that many thought could be the end of their program
- NU is a serious rebuild . . . so it fits Ruhle's MO
- I think he tends to get a lot out of lesser talent and we need development and some diamonds in the rough
- He tends to have good line play
- I think Ruhle is just one of those coaches who thrives in college . . . tired the NFL and just wasn't a fit. Back to where he thrives.
temple was hardly in the "dumps" lol. also, i live is fort worth, wife is from waco. their are exactly zero number of people that felt baylor's program was ending. and before you quote some media article, i am speaking of real people, not media types trying to sell a story.

if you like ruhle, as do i, just say that. stop trying to re-write the past.

Last edited:

temple was hardly in the "dumps" lol. also, i live is fort worth, wife is from waco. their are exactly zero number of people that felt baylor's program was ending. and before you quote some media article, i am speaking of real people, not media types trying to sell a story.

if you like ruhle, as do i, just say that. stop trying to re-write the past.
I would call 4-7 at Temple the year before Rhule and 2 wins in his first year to be in the dumps. It was a team trending in a bad direction. You can call it what you want.

As for Baylor . . . I would imagine the locals would tend to feel differently, since it's their team. I recall quite a bit of speculation that it was bad and there could be more serious sanctions imposed including a death penalty of sorts. You can say "I know zero people in Waco who felt that way" but it wasn't NOT talked about elsewhere.

So agree to disagree on that one.

View attachment 91022
Will this translate to wins, the wins we want, I want? I sure hope so.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back