• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LOL...Only in Nebraska...The OWH editorial board chimes in

At least we are grading HCSF on a curve. If he is the problem we will now live and die by our assistants. That will be a fun ride.

Nebraska football is an economic force. It is a psychological force. It is an identity as much as man, women, gay, trans, conservative, liberal, republican, democrat, Christian, Buddhist, Muslim . . . whatever as far as being a Nebraskan. In the biblical sense it is an idol. Do we expect the OWH to crawl under a rock? They know where the bread's buttered. With all that on the line they've made their call and they're just as desperate as anyone to keep the gravy train rolling.

It's also why it takes a pretty unique person to coach the team. Let's hope Frost is that person because experience is telling us they're far and few between.
This is a very salient point, and why it is very interesting to me that it was the OWH editorial supporting Frost and NOT the LJS.

The impact of Husker football on the Lincoln economy is well documented.

If the Trev/Frost experiment is a failure, the economic disruption to Lincoln will be significant, so to me the fact that the OWH and not the LJS was so outspoken about keeping Frost a point to ponder as Lincoln has a far bigger stake in this than does Omaha.

That is an extremely strong statement from Lee. I would think that he has friends that contributed to or a part of that board and he has the strongest rebuke of them. Great stuff Lee- 'journalistic felony' is priceless.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back