• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Let's Pump Some Sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My attempt at humor must have missed the mark with you, Ff. That was the intention when I inserted those cute little emoticons. :)

Not too many people like or understand humor around here. I swear some of these guys had their sphincter sewed shut....

What happens to everyone if we go 11-3? Is everyone pleased with that or is 13-14 wins the expectation? I've always thought Nebraska should be able to consistently compete with the best in the country because of our resources but our biggest disadvantage is the BIGGEST resource for football (recruits territory). I guess i've been coaching football long enough to know to even consistently winning 8, 9, 10, or 11 games a year you have to be pretty damn good. It just takes a lot of factors coming together to consistently win games anymore with the parody in college football. This is addressed to those that consistently turn this into something anti-Pelini or about the 9 win crap. We could be much worse off.

With our 2014 schedule we shouldn't be worse than 9 wins.

Ya can't pump sunshine if everybody rains on your parade! :Biggrin: It didn't take long to start the storm ---1st post, and the storm builds from there.

Might just as well go with 0-12, Bo gets fired, SE hires some sleazy, win at all cost coach AND THEN we can talk about sunshine and roses from that point!! ;)

It's the only way some folks are going to be happy. Yea a little on the flippant side, but if the shoe fits, wear it. :p

How did I start a storm? Did I say anything that wasn't correct? I know you have pretty low self esteem when it comes to your relationship with the Huskers but you really need to grow some backbone. It must really suck to have your fantasy world shattered year after year when the Huskers aren't the perfect team that you set up in your mind. You should really try and be a little rational. It will help you in the long run.:thumbsup:

Let's Pump Some Sunshine is like a dog whistle to trolls.......:lol: They sniff out positivity and run through the mud to devour it......:lol: Entertaining to say the least. It's like a magic trick.......

Grab a black hat and say the magic phrase.

"BO is a pretty good coach"............& POOF......you pull a troll out that hat.

Trolls don't run in groups, but when they see each other in the same thread, they tend to feed off of the ticks in each others fur......:lol:

Don't be a...
images
;)

Last edited:
All I am saying is that we need to clean up our play quite a bit. I am not really one to lie to myself and just say its going to happen because we want it to.

I thought this was a spoof thread but if you truly wanted an unrealistic "best case scenario" type of thread I can play that as well.

--Tommy Armstrong will come in and dominate all opponents behind the best offensive line in college football. He will become the best Tommy(ie) that we have ever had at the QB position. On his way to 1st team all-American, his passing will be more of a factor than his rushing and he will throw 35 TD passes, 14 to all American Kenny Bell and 11 to all-American Cethan Carter. The reason his rushing will not be as impressive is because all-American and Heisman trophy winner Ameer Abdullah will scorch defenses for 49 touchdowns and become the first running back to eclipse the 3000 yard mark in a season. Its easier to accomplish behind 3 all-American offensive lineman like the Huskers will have in 2014.

On the defensive side, the Husker take a HUGE step forward and will crush all opposing defenses. They allow only 45 points all season, all in the 4th quarter. They are led by Randy Gregory and Michael Rose. Gregory will have 38 sacks and Rose will have 212 tackles. Both were all-Americans and the Blackshirts will have a total of 5. The secondary didn't get any AA honors as there were few balls to cover because of the fierce Nebraska pass rush and there were no tackles recorded by the secondary as nobody made it that far and there was no reason to blitz.

Special teams were good and bad. The good was that the return teams returned to the days of old and ran back numerous punts and a few kickoffs for huge yardage and touchdowns. The bad was the punting. An average of only 38 yards. Mostly because Foltz shanked 1 of his 2 punts on the season. No field goals...no need.

National championship was won 78-0 over Florida State. It was 63-0 at halftime.

Husker football 2014---ready to dominate!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'll never understand how so many Cally/Pedey pumpers can be so intellectually dishonest as to now be Bo-haters.

This statement is so full of schlock that I don't even know where to begin. It seems that calling anyone who doesn't worship at the feet of Saint Bo a Cally/Pedey pumper is all you guys got to defend Bo these days. And sadly enough you fail to realize that maybe 3% of the Boleaver's actually fall into that category...real strong argument there. :rolleyes: :lol:

Think after the bowl ISU might not have been a winning season in 2009. Either way to lose to them took some doing like Paul fumbling a pass without a person in sight.

I forgot all about that game. Wow.... And Paul was not the only guy who had unforced eras in that game by far, no need to pin that on him. Especially when I've seen a certain QB that everyone hates for me to mention when talking about faults, do the exact same thing 3 times in his career....

All I am saying is that we need to clean up our play quite a bit. I am not really one to lie to myself and just say its going to happen because we want it to.

I thought this was a spoof thread but if you truly wanted an unrealistic "best case scenario" type of thread I can play that as well.

--Tommy Armstrong will come in and dominate all opponents behind the best offensive line in college football. He will become the best Tommy(ie) that we have ever had at the QB position. On his way to 1st team all-American, his passing will be more of a factor than his rushing and he will throw 35 TD passes, 14 to all American Kenny Bell and 11 to all-American Cethan Carter. The reason his rushing will not be as impressive is because all-American and Heisman trophy winner Ameer Abdullah will scorch defenses for 49 touchdowns and become the first running back to eclipse the 3000 yard mark in a season. Its easier to accomplish behind 3 all-American offensive lineman like the Huskers will have in 2014.

On the defensive side, the Husker take a HUGE step forward and will crush all opposing defenses. They allow only 45 points all season, all in the 4th quarter. They are led by Randy Gregory and Michael Rose. Gregory will have 38 sacks and Rose will have 212 tackles. Both were all-Americans and the Blackshirts will have a total of 5. The secondary didn't get any AA honors as there were few balls to cover because of the fierce Nebraska pass rush and there were no tackles recorded by the secondary as nobody made it that far and there was no reason to blitz.

Special teams were good and bad. The good was that the return teams returned to the days of old and ran back numerous punts and a few kickoffs for huge yardage and touchdowns. The bad was the punting. An average of only 38 yards. Mostly because Foltz shanked 1 of his 2 punts on the season. No field goals...no need.

National championship was won 78-0 over Florida State. It was 63-0 at halftime.

Husker football 2014---ready to dominate!!!!!!!!!

:bow: :rolfl:

With our 2014 schedule we shouldn't be worse than 9 wins.

We have yet to have back to back 9 win seasons, why not just state the facts correct and say we will go at least 10 wins next season........the Hatred for Nebraska is a strong emotion on these boards........:lol:

Given Bo's record of wins to date; 9, 10, 10, 9, 10, 9 I like to feel we are due an 10 or 11 or more this year.

I get that this is a joke. But you do realize that there is already a team psychologist, right?

Lots of other misinformation in your post, but that's just an obvious piece.

The athletic department has a team of 4 psychobabblists, but none devoted (100%) to the football program. Please share your knowledge of all the other "errors" so that I get a chance to respond to you. :Biggrin:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back