• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Let's Pump Some Sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of making assumptions, shouldn't we be assessing each game as it comes, based on a real time evaluation?

I seem to recall people saying the two B1G teams we needed to worry about last year, our most probable losses, were Michigan and Penn State, since both were road games and had better coaching than we did.

How did that work out?

I had both Minnesota and Iowa as greatly improved teams going into the season. While I didn't expect either to win I did have concerns as the injuries mounted.

BTW, G, thanks for your last post. Just a whole lot of words with nothing but sarcasm as an agenda.

What happens to everyone if we go 11-3? Is everyone pleased with that or is 13-14 wins the expectation? I've always thought Nebraska should be able to consistently compete with the best in the country because of our resources but our biggest disadvantage is the BIGGEST resource for football (recruits territory). I guess i've been coaching football long enough to know to even consistently winning 8, 9, 10, or 11 games a year you have to be pretty damn good. It just takes a lot of factors coming together to consistently win games anymore with the parody in college football. This is addressed to those that consistently turn this into something anti-Pelini or about the 9 win crap. We could be much worse off.

Count me in. I think 2014 is the year of sunshine and lollipops for the Huskers. I would like Bo to clue us in as to which guy will be coaching the secondary and what is going to be done with punt returns. Getting good news on Moss would help, too. Other than that, :banana:

I don't know about the DB coach, but I'm sure the punt return job goes back to J.Turner, whom was going to be the guy before hampered by injury early in the season.

We had one of the easiest schedules we have ever had last year.

I think our Offense will be worse than this year, especially early...

I see 3 or 4 losses.

I will got 8-4; with a good chance to get to 9 wins again next year.

Let's Pump Some Sunshine is like a dog whistle to trolls.......:lol: They sniff out positivity and run through the mud to devour it......:lol: Entertaining to say the least. It's like a magic trick.......

Grab a black hat and say the magic phrase.

"BO is a pretty good coach"............& POOF......you pull a troll out that hat.

Trolls don't run in groups, but when they see each other in the same thread, they tend to feed off of the ticks in each others fur......:lol:

Last edited:
I predicted 11-2 for the 2013 season so I think I'll stay out of the prognostication business.

Thats what I predicted and thought we would be 10-3 at worst. I definitely did not foresee losing to Minnesota and Iowa. Especially Iowa at home.
So I too will stay away from the crystal ball.

Thats what I predicted and thought we would be 10-3 at worst. I definitely did not foresee losing to Minnesota and Iowa. Especially Iowa at home.
So I too will stay away from the crystal ball.
What would you have predicted if you knew that NU would lose both Martinez and Long early in the season? I know that my prediction would have been negatively changed. Hindsight is very clear.

I honestly believe your prediction would have been very accurate had the injury bug not hit in some extremely critical positions.

In 2014 there are a number of things that it is rumored that Bo has decided in an effort to add some new things to the process in a new "loss reduction" strategy. Basically, after the bowl game the coaching staff met via conference call for 2 hours each night to discuss new idea's and strategies to find new keys' to success. Digital voice changing technology was used during these calls to disguise everyone's voice so that no one could recognise another individual's voice.

Thusfar new idea's that are under heavy consideration:

1. Make changes to the "blackshirt" tradition such that the blackshirts are given out to the defensive starters at each position before the season's first game and each game thereafter;

2. Make changes to the Captain's tradition to allow members of the team to nominate and vote for 2 offensive and 2 defensive Captain's for the season.

3. Make changes to the "Unity Council" to allow players more voice in disciplinary and other matters. Empower the players.

4. Embrace a completely new idea, by adding a team psychologist to assist with mental preparation of the team.

5. Loosen access to practices to the press and also the public.

6. Begin acting as though the press and fans actually like the team rather than portraying them as evil enemies to the players and recruits.

7. Consider changes to the Strength and Conditioning program. Reduce injuries, try to put some weight on RG44 so that he can be an All-American. Eliminate computerized workout programs that do not push athletes to their limits.

8. Refocus player's attention/time football rather than other outside activities.

9. Begin practicing football fundamentals (e.g. tackle to the ground, fumble reduction techniques).

10. Begin recruiting player's with an idea of what position they will play in mind.

11. Do not try to convert "athlete's: to play QB.

Lot's more to come. If this is true.

I get that this is a joke. But you do realize that there is already a team psychologist, right?

Lots of other misinformation in your post, but that's just an obvious piece.

I'll never understand how so many Cally/Pedey pumpers can be so intellectually dishonest as to now be Bo-haters.

Last edited:
It's that time to look ahead to the 2014 season! After a season of incessant on- and off-the-field drama, I think everyone's ready for no-muss, no-fuss W's. And I think 2014 has the potential to deliver.

The 2014 schedule has 6 automatic W's. Sorry to Florida Atlantic, McNeese St, and Fresno St, but Nebraska has never lost to a non-P5 team in the Pelini years. And sorry to Illinois and Purdue, but neither of you put up much of a fight last year, even while we were breaking in a young defense and a new QB. And finally, sorry to Rutgers, but we win. Because Rutgers.

So already, Nebraska starts off no worse than 6-3 to kick off the 2014 season. But I think our home field advantage will prove the difference vs Miami, and I think we have a talent edge vs Northwestern, so I'm going to give us the W. Plus, Northwestern might have the toughest schedule in the B1G, and we're the 4th game in a stretch that includes @ Penn St, vs Wisconsin, and @ Minnesota.

I really, really think we start 8-1, with full control of our division destiny.

Wisconsin and Minnesota are the only two conference opponents that bring back enough of their playmakers to have similar or more success next season than they did this season.

-Our Minnesota game was a match up in which we had 3 Olinemen down, 2 hampered WRs in JT & KB, an injured TMart (which is as worthless as.......oh sorry, too soon), and a young defense that was just getting there feet up under them.
-Wisconsin loses some talent in the trenches but they aren't starring at a bare cupboard. Also, returning a hell of a RB. Truthfully, on paper, I don't see a conference loss to anyone other than Wisconsin.
-Iowa loses the the strength of their team in those 3 LBs, They will struggle to win 6 games again this year.
-Northwestern loses Kain Colter and other weapons.
-Purdue is Purdue and they come to Lincoln.
-Illinois is Illinois and they come to Lincoln.
-Rutgers are too little, good luck to them staying above .500 this season.
-Michigan St, even with their best team since NU joining the league, needed us to give them 5 extra opportunities to secure a win. We literally out played them in every area of the game, but you can't expect to beat anyone with the turnover battle being 5-0 in the other teams favor.

-We have two easy gimmies in McNeese & FAU (which was suppose to be a Pelini vs Pelini battle).
-Fresno St. has decent speed to attempt to keep the young guys honest and on their toes but we wear them down
-Miami will be a fun game to watch. Two storied programs trying to get back to their glory years. Miami most times look best at the beginning of year. So we shall see how that plays out.

Alternate Unis should be for either the Miami game or Wisconsin.

What would you have predicted if you knew that NU would lose both Martinez and Long early in the season? I know that my prediction would have been negatively changed. Hindsight is very clear.

I honestly believe your prediction would have been very accurate had the injury bug not hit in some extremely critical positions.

Exactly.......people are acting like we overrated our team by predicting them to have a great season. We lost Martinez/Long/Cotton/Turner/Bell/etc....very important parts of the season and still was able to get a decent record. We lost to Iowa & Minnesota. Two teams that had pretty good years beyond what they were predicted to have. We do not lose either of those games if we were healthy, especially in the trenches. Give me a break. How many teams have Bo's units lost to that ended the regular season below .500. I can only think of Texas in 2010. Maybe NwU in 2011, but I think they were 6-6 before the bowl game.

Exactly.......people are acting like we overrated our team by predicting them to have a great season. We lost Martinez/Long/Cotton/Turner/Bell/etc....very important parts of the season and still was able to get a decent record. We lost to Iowa & Minnesota. Two teams that had pretty good years beyond what they were predicted to have. We do not lose either of those games if we were healthy, especially in the trenches. Give me a break. How many teams have Bo's units lost to that ended the regular season below .500. I can only think of Texas in 2010. Maybe NwU in 2011, but I think they were 6-6 before the bowl game.

Think after the bowl ISU might not have been a winning season in 2009. Either way to lose to them took some doing like Paul fumbling a pass without a person in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back