• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lane Kiffin and James Franklin won’t hire assistants until they have checked out their wives.

This is for you Human Resource directors out there.

I will not hire an assistant coach until I’ve seen his wife. If she looks the part, and she’s a D-I recruit (one of the nation’s best-of-the-best), then you got a chance to get hired. That’s part of the deal.”

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/lane...dium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

Shoot, looks like I have a job if I want one, because my wife is head and shoulders above me. People look at her then at me then back at her and say 'sorry'.

Shoot, looks like I have a job if I want one, because my wife is head and shoulders above me. People look at her then at me then back at her and say 'sorry'.
Yes but recruiting is only half the battle you still have to coach them up... and down.

Unbelievable! I'm not sure I'd want to work for either of them if that's the case. I can understand wanting their whole family being pleasant and having the ability to impress recruits through interactions (with their personalities and graciousness). That's part of the job. Parents want to know their kids are in good hands.

When they say that's part of the deal I do tend to take them seriously. You could be right but it sounded like a serious statement to me.
If they really felt that way, its very stupid. But to go on record as feeling that way...well I just can't see that. I might be wrong but it sounds like a joke that has been passed on as fact.

Am I the only one who thinks this hiring standard is demeaning and sexist? How are wives supposed to feel knowing their appearance will be a factor in their husband's hiring potential? Makes me dislike Franklin and Kiffin even more.
No you are not the only one who thinks that. That's why corporations have Human Resource departments.

Yes but recruiting is only half the battle you still have to coach them up... and down.
I got mine coached up too! 45 minutes of quiet when I get home, then team meeting and individual work lol. If she saw this she would probably go get a samurai sword and switch to a more responsive defense.

Sounds like something that is said tongue-in-cheek and people want to take it seriously.
Agree, but in today's climate in college sports he needs to stfu. One thing Riley did right was bringing in Brenda Tracy to right a wrong and draw attention to a problem in college athletics. IMO, given the issues facing college sports, these are really unfortunate comments. The good news is we won't have to worry about it because Lane Kiffin is like the bizarro Scott Frost.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back