• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lane Kiffin and James Franklin won’t hire assistants until they have checked out their wives.

Shoot, looks like I have a job if I want one, because my wife is head and shoulders above me. People look at her then at me then back at her and say 'sorry'.
Right there with you. When I was in my late 20s early 30s. People would look at my wife and comment about me robbing the cradle because my wife looked like a hot lte teenager early 20s kid. What they did not know was that my wife was 7 years older.

As an example she got carded and initially refused entry to a club on her 40th birthday. The guy swore she must have stole her mom's ID.

Last edited:

Not a fan of either coach.

Kiffin is much despised by the Vol fan base here.

Only 'my opinion' that Franklin was just lucky to 'escape' the Vanderbilt rape case from a few years ago ... to me it 'sniffed' of an initial effort to try to cover it up. Just an absolutely horrible situation. Victim demonstrated an incredible courage going through the trial process.

I dunno, I can’t stand Lane and all, but I’m with REDo on this one. I think it was a tongue and cheek comment. The written word often loses the context of the conversation. For me it falls into the “it kinda makes me chuckle” category while at the same time thinking “you probably shouldn’t say that even joking” category. Kiffin especially. He has no self awareness.

Last edited:

Not a fan of either coach.

Kiffin is much despised by the Vol fan base here.

Only 'my opinion' that Franklin was just lucky to 'escape' the Vanderbilt rape case from a few years ago ... to me it 'sniffed' of an initial effort to try to cover it up. Just an absolutely horrible situation. Victim demonstrated an incredible courage going through the trial process.
The word slime comes to mind with both of these guys. Franklin admits he put young girls out there to help recruit players and Kiffen has absolutely zero credibility. Having said that there will always be a school ( Louisville) who will hire them.

Just noticed this on the board, so am late as usual. My reaction was that this meant they would get along with the other wives and not cause friction in the coaching ranks. I didn't see the recruiting angle until reading posts. My reaction is that it is reasonable for a coach to worry about the wife causing problems with the camaraderie among the coaches, and just high school silly if it means they would be good tools for luring recruits or are examples of the ability of the coaches to lure high school senior boys to campus. Just high school silly.

The word slime comes to mind with both of these guys. Franklin admits he put young girls out there to help recruit players and Kiffen has absolutely zero credibility. Having said that there will always be a school ( Louisville) who will hire them.

I would say that word fits description of current UofL coach already.

So in effect, he is selling his wife to get a job? They have words for that. Penn State has previously demonstrated poor judgement, as has Kiffin, so they don't surprise me. But I would be sorely disappointed to ever find out Husker coaches would behave similarly.

Probably just at Trace McSorley though?
Right?

Am I the only one who thinks this hiring standard is demeaning and sexist? How are wives supposed to feel knowing their appearance will be a factor in their husband's hiring potential? Makes me dislike Franklin and Kiffin even more.

No, it's more that if they can talk a good looking woman into becoming their wife, they can sell a recruit.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back