• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Lambert will not sign with Rutgers on Wednesday (or any other school)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a team has no slot for him then that is there (their) issue

I think you're trying to agree with me:)

At this point in time many schools (Nebraska included) is coming up against a signing limit issue. Is that not correct?

If they have no slot then - if they sign him - it becomes an oversigning issue.

So, it has to do with oversigning.

Sorry, RR, you're wrong:):Biggrin::Biggrin::stickouttongue:

PS, limited it to 4 smileys

He can sign between 1 Feb and 1 April per NCAA rules for this recruiting year....thus nothing to do with oversigning...anyone can recruit him during this period and and get his LOI if they are sucessful....I seem to recall Ohio State signed Pryor this way....not an SEC team....

Off topic: Also starting with the 2013 class the SEC will be pretty much in-line with all of the other conferences on the oversigning practice....I suspect you will find their dominance on the field begin to fall back because of this....its a dirty little secret that the casual fan is not even aware of....and the ESPNs of the world choose to ignore in reporting for the most part...

Also remember c/o 2010 with Sentreal Henderson, who was one of the top 2 or 3 players overall? He originally committed to USC on signing day but did not sign his LOI. He wanted to wait until after USC went before the NCAA infractions committee for the scandal involving Reggie Bush. Henderson finally signed his letter of intent on March 22nd. When the NCAA rendered its decision banning USC from postseason play for two years and imposing severe scholarship reductions, Henderson asked to be released from his commitment to USC. He was released from his commitment to USC on July 6th and then announced his decision to attended Miami, which had been his 2nd choice, on July 9th.

Ironic that Miami is now looking at sanctions...on a side note, Sentreal Henderson is living up to that 5 ***** evaluation. He looks like a future top 10 NFL Draft pick already.

I agree 100% with your post there. The SEC will still be the best conference in the country most of the time, but I agree the water levels will equal out and there will be years where they are not considered to be. No more 4, 5, 6...championships from the same conference in a row.

At this point in time many schools (Nebraska included) is coming up against a signing limit issue. Is that not correct?

Not necessarily. Let's say NU doesn't fill it's class full on slots. For example, we sign 16 and had 17 slots. There is no issue if we have a slot left. Let's say that NU does fill its class but had notified the Big 10 that they want to take an oversigning exemption and say that he is the oversigned one. ( I suspect this may be the explanation for why the language is such for the Big 10, saying it's the offer that triggers it, not the acceptance of the offer.) If he goes elsewhere, you can oversign someone else, per Big 10 rules, if they had signed with another institution. If we have someone else we can offer it to, we notify the Big 10. If not, we end up not oversigning and have no issues getting back into compliance.

Actually no I don't agree with you....:)

FLAS explains it again above...

Last edited:

Yup and yup...:)

Also remember c/o 2010 with Sentreal Henderson, who was one of the top 2 or 3 players overall? He originally committed to USC on signing day but did not sign his LOI. He wanted to wait until after USC went before the NCAA infractions committee for the scandal involving Reggie Bush. Henderson finally signed his letter of intent on March 22nd. When the NCAA rendered its decision banning USC from postseason play for two years and imposing severe scholarship reductions, Henderson asked to be released from his commitment to USC. He was released from his commitment to USC on July 6th and then announced his decision to attended Miami, which had been his 2nd choice, on July 9th.

Ironic that Miami is now looking at sanctions...on a side note, Sentreal Henderson is living up to that 5 ***** evaluation. He looks like a future top 10 NFL Draft pick already.

I agree 100% with your post there. The SEC will still be the best conference in the country most of the time, but I agree the water levels will equal out and there will be years where they are not considered to be. No more 4, 5, 6...championships from the same conference in a row.

Actually no I don't agree with you....:)

FLAS explains it again above...

RR, let's read what FLAS actually said. Without repeating it, he used the words oversigning or oversigned four times in five sentences (while attempting to explain that it has nothing to do with oversigning?) For you to say it has nothing to do with oversigning is simply not correct. If there were no signing limit the decision by the schools to sign would have nothing to do with oversigning. Since there is such a limit it becomes a problem (you call it a 'strategic decision). You're arguing semantics.

Sorry RR, you're wrong on this one.:)

Actually no I am not wrong the way I explained it to you....go back and read what i said again...

RR, let's read what FLAS actually said. Without repeating it, he used the words oversigning or oversigned four times in five sentences (while attempting to explain that it has nothing to do with oversigning?) For you to say it has nothing to do with oversigning is simply not correct. If there were no signing limit the decision by the schools to sign would have nothing to do with oversigning. Since there is such a limit it becomes a problem (you call it a 'strategic decision). You're arguing semantics.

Sorry RR, you're wrong on this one.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back