• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Lambert will not sign with Rutgers on Wednesday (or any other school)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Before anyone gets there hopes up, this is still a real long shot even if he does not sign his LOI on 1 Feb....he has until 1 April to do so....I honestly think he committed to Rutgers and not the coach thus, his deciding to see who the new coach is before he makes a decision...I actually find that to be comendable in this day and age....would be easy to flip somewhere else and be done with the whole recruiting process....I wish this young man well what ever he decides...seems to have a real good head on his shoulders....

His coach said he will not sign with anyone on Wednesday....

http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/...bert-will-not-sign-with-rutgers-on-wednesday/

FWIW everything I am reading is there is a very very strong chance Mr. Curry and Mr. Lambert are leaning towards Iowa. Hate to lose them to a rival. Especially with a chance for a possible couple non-qualifiers.

Honestly if its the right coach I think Lambert stays at Rutgers....the fact that he is holding off on signing tells me Rutgers is still in the drivers seat....so I'm not sure I would agree we are losing Lambert to anyone....

FWIW everything I am reading is there is a very very strong chance Mr. Curry and Mr. Lambert are leaning towards Iowa. Hate to lose them to a rival. Especially with a chance for a possible couple non-qualifiers.

unless bo has gotten a really good feel for this one...dont see how we could hold a schollie for Q. i would think we are out of this one.

I believe the ship has sailed on Q, unless something crazy happens on Feb1, it's not looking good, but i'm confindent in what this staff is putting together.

....he has until 1 April to do so....

And that's the problem for most schools, especially Big Ten schools which operate against a more restrictive oversigning policy than do SEC schools. Lambert could take a month or two to decide, based on who Rutgers hires.

Any school involved has a tough decision to make, and if they are limited they can't afford to keep a slot open. Either they fill their slots or they have to have a deep reserve of Plan Z players - kids who don't get an offer and who would accept one a month and a half after signing.

unless bo has gotten a really good feel for this one...dont see how we could hold a schollie for Q. i would think we are out of this one.

Agree

Last edited:
The article indicates that morning practices are important to him so he can attend engineering labs in the afternoon; academic considerations are #1 for him. We practice in the afternoon, if I'm not mistaken. Like has been said already, you cannot afford to hold open a spot and possibly be left out in the cold. Only way I could see that happen is if they have a walk-on they'd really like to give a scholarship to now. Sounds like a longshot at best.

The article indicates that morning practices are important to him so he can attend engineering labs in the afternoon; academic considerations are #1 for him.

Sounds like a quality kid with his head on straight. I'm not usually one who "wishes a kid well" when he doesn't chose the Huskers...I pout.

Good luck in all your endeavors, Mr. Lambert, I hope you do well.

Sounds like a quality kid with his head on straight. I'm not usually one who "wishes a kid well" when he doesn't chose the Huskers...I pout.

Good luck in all your endeavors, Mr. Lambert, I hope you do well.

This made me smile. Oh, and I wish him well too. Hard not to love a kid like this.

Oversigning has nothing to do with this...FWIW this is very uncommon.....

And that's the problem for most schools, especially Big Ten schools which operate against a more restrictive oversigning policy than do SEC schools. Lambert could take a month or two to decide, based on who Rutgers hires.

Any school involved has a tough decision to make, and if they are limited they can't afford to keep a slot open. Either they fill their slots or they have to have a deep reserve of Plan Z players - kids who don't get an offer and who would accept one a month and a half after signing.

Agree

He can sign between 1 Feb and 1 April per NCAA rules for this recruiting year....thus nothing to do with oversigning...anyone can recruit him during this period and and get his LOI if they are sucessful....I seem to recall Ohio State signed Pryor this way....not an SEC team....

Off topic: Also starting with the 2013 class the SEC will be pretty much in-line with all of the other conferences on the oversigning practice....I suspect you will find their dominance on the field begin to fall back because of this....its a dirty little secret that the casual fan is not even aware of....and the ESPNs of the world choose to ignore in reporting for the most part...

When were signing limits abolished?

Last edited:

RR, are you trying to misread my posts? Yes, he can sign with anyone from Feb1 to April 1, BUT if a school has exceeded their quota they will be reluctant to sign him. (hopefully if they're at their limit they won't sign him and dump someone out the chute at the other end).

The point is that this situation presents a problem for several schools who might desire the performance of Mr. Lambert, because they have to have or to save an opening in case he decides to go there, lest they oversign

So it does have to do with oversigning.

Last edited:
No I'm not misreading your posts....

If a team has no slot for him then that is there issue........Nebraska were they confident they could get a signed LOI for him would save a slot for him or find one for him through attrition ....as Ohio State did for Pryor...

That is a strategic decision they have to make as a school and a staff....if he fails to sign then the most likely we give that scholarship to a deserving walk-on....but on the otherhand, we lose out on one projected slot in the 2012 class...

So no it does not have to do with oversigning....

RR, are you trying to misread my posts? Yes, he can sign with anyone from Feb1 to April 1, BUT if a school has exceeded their quota they will be reluctant to sign him. (hopefully if they're at their limit they won't sign him and dump someone out the chute at the other end).

The point is that this situation presents a problem for several schools who might desire the performance of Mr. Lambert, because they have to have or to save an opening in case he decides to go there.

So it does have to do with oversigning.

Last edited:

The article indicates that morning practices are important to him so he can attend engineering labs in the afternoon; academic considerations are #1 for him. We practice in the afternoon, if I'm not mistaken. Like has been said already, you cannot afford to hold open a spot and possibly be left out in the cold. Only way I could see that happen is if they have a walk-on they'd really like to give a scholarship to now. Sounds like a longshot at best.

name ONE school in FBS that has practices in the morning?? zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back