• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Klein v. Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klein...leading Heisman Candidate when he is on the #1 team in the nation. Then he throws 3 interceptions in a bad loss to Baylor and he is no longer a Heisman candidate.

Martinez....better stats than Klein but is not on a NC contending team. On the big stage throws 3 interceptions in a blow-out against OSU...Heisman hopes squashed.

Same thing happened to the UWV QB...he was the leading candidate until his team started to lose.

Now the ND LB and the Texas A&M QB that beat Alabama are the flavor of the week. If Ohio State was eligible to play for the NC, then Braxton Miller would be a leading candidate.

Hype, perception, media attention....the Heisman is based on that.

Last edited:

Klein...leading Heisman Candidate when he is on the #1 team in the nation. Then he throws 3 interceptions in a bad loss to Baylor and he is no longer a Heisman candidate.

Martinez....better stats than Klein but is not on a NC contending team. On the big stage throws 3 interceptions in a blow-out against OSU...Heisman hopes squashed.

Same thing happened to the UWV QB...he was the leading candidate until his team started to lose.

Now the ND LB and the Texas A&M QB that beat Alabama are the flavor of the week. If Ohio State was eligible to play for the NC, then Braxton Miller would be a leading candidate.

Hype, perception, media attention....the Heisman is based on that.

been that way a long time; too bad.

I get OU, but why did you include WVU? WVU is HORRIBLE, especially on defense. WVU is 117th in the country in total defense.

I'm not impressed.

WVU has ONLY lost at home 3 times this year.

I'm not impressed.

30555227.jpg

WVU has ONLY lost at home 3 times this year.

I'm not impressed.

Lost to Kan St by 41
Lost to TCU by 1
Lost to Okla by 1

Obviously, Kan St dominated, but its a tough place to play, especially when the hillbillies start burning mattresses.

Lost to Kan St by 41
Lost to TCU by 1
Lost to Okla by 1

Obviously, Kan St dominated, but its a tough place to play, especially when the hillbillies start burning mattresses.

It's traditionally been a tough place to play, but it has not been this year.

Baylor lost 70-63 at WVU. Maryland lost by 10 at WVU. As pointed out, WVU already has 3 home losses.

And really, this is about Klein's stats. There is nothing impressive about WVU's defense. Be it at home or on the road, WVU has arguably the worst defense in all of college football.

It's traditionally been a tough place to play, but it has not been this year.

Baylor lost 70-63 at WVU. Maryland lost by 10 at WVU. As pointed out, WVU already has 3 home losses.

And really, this is about Klein's stats. There is nothing impressive about WVU's defense. Be it at home or on the road, WVU has arguably the worst defense in all of college football.

Maybe its not as tough to play in Morgantown this year because of the difference between Big East and B12 teams. I agree on the horrible defense though, but Klein was really dominant.

I have seen PLENTY of talk on this board about the team's (as a whole) mistakes. The discipline problem isn't just TM and I don't think anybody would or has suggested that.

Maybe so, but WVU still isn't any good. OU, IMO, also isn't that great this year. They also struggled at UTEP and got clowned at home by ND.

I would say the discussion is about 20 : 1

As I look at it, one bad game and your Heisman hopes are dashed.

Klein...3 interceptions in blow-out loss to Baylor....good-bye

Martinez...3 interceptions in blow-out loss to Ohio State....good-bye.

Geno Smith...bad game in UWV blow-out loss to Kansas State...bye-bye

Matt Barkley....a number of unexpected losses.....bye-bye

Oregon running back, ND LB, Texas A&M QB have not had any bad games really, so they are still in the running.

Past Heisman winners: Cam Newton never had a bad day (had plenty of great days), Alabama RB Mark Ingram was outstanding in every game.....and both were on NC teams so that helps as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back