• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kick Nebraska Out of The B1G

Really starting to wonder if Nebraska could go the Notre Dame way and become an independent. No doubt, the fan base is huge. Is it big enough and could they successfully negotiate such a TV contract? I like to think the answer is yes.

Still, if Nebraska plays BIG in 2021, maybe this provides the fire to make them want to pound the poop out of every team they face.
Yes 20 years ago..tv contract now would be with the comedy channel pal

Last edited:

Where would you realiistically think they would go?

Would the B12 take them back? Probably. Would UNL consider it? I hope not. Texas still runs the league and it would sure look like we came running back with our tail between our legs.

SEC? That might help recruiting in the South. Would be fun to see Georgia play in Lincoln in a bitter November wind. SEC actually has a couple of more restrictive eligibility requirements that UNL may chafe at. Plus, the SEC just feels like the slimiest conference out there. We'd get more love on ESPN though.

ACC? Nobody gets excited about that. We have no association with anybody in that league. Football in the East just isn't that big a deal either.

Pac-12? That may be the best option but that also might be the weakest football conference (ACC might argue with them about that) and does the average UNL fan want to rubbing shoulders with the West Coast liberal fans every week? You're going to see a lot more kneeling by players at games in the Pac-12.

So if not the B1G, where do you go?

I don't consider UNL a candidate for independence, and don't forget ND found it necessary to ally with a power 5 league for all other sports anyway.
What he said!

Please kick Nebraska out Please please please. I wonder what the payout between the Big10 and big 12 is.

Last edited:
Please kick Nebraska out Please please please. I wonder what the payout between the Big10 and big 12 is.
$10-$15 million per year less in Big 12 for TV based on what's published. I don't know if that's a true apples to apples comparison.

Desmond Howard is one of the least intuitive announcers in sports. He's always been bad and this doesn't shock me at all. He is a company man....and I'm not sure I've ever heard anything positive about Nebraska from him.
Yep, Desmond Coward has the chance to rip on OSU as a Michigan grad but chooses to direct his attention to Nebraska, more proof he sold his sole to e$pn long ago.

The guy is a clown and the worst in the business at his job.

Always wished he had approached Bo after he said some things about him, would have liked to have seen Bo pound him into the ground. Pretty sure it was from the finger in Martinez chest incident.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back