• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kevin Dorsey 4-Star PG

Coach Miles just needs that one player that is brave enough to be the first big time recruit to commit to the Huskers! Get that first one, others will follow. We may need to survive off Juco's and transfers until the high school kids think we have a good program!

Coach Miles just needs that one player that is brave enough to be the first big time recruit to commit to the Huskers! Get that first one, others will follow. We may need to survive off Juco's and transfers until the high school kids think we have a good program!

As of right now, we are still that team that hasn't won an NCAA tourney game, ever. Ya, we made it to the dance, but we didn't get out of the first round and while us fans probably know things are looking a lot brighter for us, the kids won't know it until we show it...

Did someone say faclilities were the only condition for success? Rewards have already come and more are coming, imo. Keep the faith.

a few years ago when Doc was still the coach there were a couple (the biggest facilities poster is gone now though) that pushed the new facilities would draw them in. The whole "if you build it" thing.

I would argue Husker fans still wouldn't know who this guy is, or any top 150 player for that matter, without Miles and the facilities. We are in on some big time talent that the facilities are helping with. And while it stings we didn't get this guy, we at least are in the battle for these talents now.

I would argue Husker fans still wouldn't know who this guy is, or any top 150 player for that matter, without Miles and the facilities. We are in on some big time talent that the facilities are helping with. And while it stings we didn't get this guy, we at least are in the battle for these talents now.

Absolutely correct.

a few years ago whisn'tn Doc was still the coach there were a couple (the biggest facilities poster is gone now though) that pushed the new facilities would draw them in. The whole "if you build it" thing.
Oh. Well, I remember those statements but they xhould have reaalized it would be harder than that. TO recognized that when he ddcided we need new coach too. And then the coach needs to land some players and have some success and build on that. All that is happening. Petteway came here. We've had some success faster than I even hoped.

no denying they will help, but that wasn't the pitch back then.. They wanted Doc to stay because the facilities were the answer. No, a good coach is the biggest component, with new facilities being the deciding factor for some.

Oh. Well, I remember those statements but they xhould have reaalized it would be harder than that. TO recognized that when he ddcided we need new coach too. And then the coach needs to land some players and have some success and build on that. All that is happening. Petteway came here. We've had some success faster than I even hoped.

agreed, you have to get a couple here to show others the coach can do it.. new facilities are a bonus, and can be that extra deciding factor.. just not THE deciding factor.

I don't think anyone on here thinks the facilities are the end all to a successful program! However, the program ned a lot of publicity last year with the game experience. We will see more games on ESPN this year which means more kids will be exposed to the program. Coach Miles is the right man to lead this program to a perenial success in hoops. The staff will start to land the talent to build depth in the program.

If the facilities weren't in the works, we wouldn't have gotten Miles. In Lincoln Nebraska JUST getting top facilities won't mean we all the sudden start signing 5 stars, but without good facilities, including the commitment to the program symbolized by them, we don't have a chance to be competitive in the Big 10. Facilities aren't an "all" thing, but without the upgrade, it probably would be a "nothing" thing.

If the facilities weren't in the works, we wouldn't have gotten Miles. In Lincoln Nebraska JUST getting top facilities won't mean we all the sudden start signing 5 stars, but without good facilities, including the commitment to the program symbolized by them, we don't have a chance to be competitive in the Big 10. Facilities aren't an "all" thing, but without the upgrade, it probably would be a "nothing" thing.

In Lincoln, getting new facilities would not have been the answer to getting top prospects.. not just 5 star guys.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back