• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kevin Dorsey 4-Star PG

Ellis Boyd Redding

Varsity
10 Year Member
Nebraska is in the top 3 for Virginia 4-Star (Rivals) PG Kevin Dorsey.

Kevin Dorsey is down to three schools -- Maryland, Nebraska and Minnesota -- and could decide in the next week

ranked No. 95 overall and 17th-best among point guards in the 247Sports Composite rankings

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Dorsey-Has-Final-Three-Decision-Coming-Soon-29541708

Rivals profile:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nebraska/basketball/recruiting/player-Kevin-Dorsey-145330

Rumored to be a Maryland lean. But we're definitely competing with the big boys these days for recruits. Still hard to actually win the battles. Have to just keep plugging away.

We still have two openings, so White and Dorsey would be a nice way to fill the squad!

White would be here this year, but Dorsey is a 2015 recruit I believe...

I like that the staff isn't just going to hand out a scholarship because we have an extra one. White hopefully gets one of them and then we save the other for 2015 where we bring in hopefully the best class Nebraska has ever seen...

Don't hold your breath on Dorsey in my opinion, but this is the first time I can remember that we are in on so many Rivals150 kids, and have legitimate chances with...

Things are definitely looking up on the recruiting front. Although I don't see us landing Dorsey, I like our chances with White and two 2015 4* guys out of Chicago (mentioned in other threads)... Ed Morrow and Glynn Watson.

Ed Morrow profile:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nebraska/basketball/recruiting/player-Edward-Morrow-153098

Glynn Watson profile:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nebraska/basketball/recruiting/player-Glynn-Watson-145095

Teague and Illikainen are also names to keep an eye on...

We will also grab a JUCO I would assume...

Dorsey to Minnesota. Early returns on Pitino as a recruiter are strong. This league is tough top to bottom, has great coaches, and it will continue to be a battle for each top recruit and to win each game.

MONEY @kevvv____ ·
I Am Blessed To Announce That I Have Committed To The University Of Minnesotta #GoldenGophers #BIG10 Thank You To All That Supported !

Dorsey to Minnesota. Early returns on Pitino as a recruiter are strong. This league is tough top to bottom, has great coaches, and it will continue to be a battle for each top recruit and to win each game.

Well Boo Hoo! :Biggrin: (Of course we didn't expect to get Dorsey anyway).

Great post Sandhills! I have a lot of faith in Coach Miles (and his staff) to Recognize, Attract, and Develop talented players; Wherever they are! What he has done in the last year is nothing short of amazing (I well remember all the questions surrounding the program last Fall and well into January - then to take the Huskers To the Dance).

And, thank God for the B1G, to do it in one of the toughest conferences in the country. Competition makes us All Better. (I only wish I still resided in-state so I could attend more games @ 'The Vault'. But thats another reason to like the B1G, for the BTN)

With a resurgent program, rising young coach, and competitive conference, we'll get our share of talented players. The player I'd really like to see come aboard (2015) is Ed Morrow from Chicago. I like our chances, with his Nebraska ties and our upstart program.

Not a surprise with Dorsey, one of those things where Nebraska fans should know our coaches are doing the right things even being in the top 3 with a talent like this. We wouldn't have even been on this kids radar before the Miles regime...

Jacobson we watched a couple times this weekend from Iowa and he may be our first commit for 2015 if we don't get a Morrow or the other forward we are going after. I think he is our tier 2 guy, but should commit right away if he gets an offer...

Well Boo Hoo! :Biggrin: (Of course we didn't expect to get Dorsey anyway).

Great post Sandhills! I have a lot of faith in Coach Miles (and his staff) to Recognize, Attract, and Develop talented players; Wherever they are! What he has done in the last year is nothing short of amazing (I well remember all the questions surrounding the program last Fall and well into January - then to take the Huskers To the Dance).

And, thank God for the B1G, to do it in one of the toughest conferences in the country. Competition makes us All Better. (I only wish I still resided in-state so I could attend more games @ 'The Vault'. But thats another reason to like the B1G, for the BTN)

With a resurgent program, rising young coach, and competitive conference, we'll get our share of talented players. The player I'd really like to see come aboard (2015) is Ed Morrow from Chicago. I like our chances, with his Nebraska ties and our upstart program.

Thanks, Red Don. While I have a lot of patience, I just hope we start winning a few more battles with high school guys. If you do get back this way during season, let me know; I have a good ticket for you.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back