• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kevin Cross in the Transfer Portal > Tulane

I thought this kid showed some flashes of pretty good versatility. I think it's a pretty big loss from a depth perspective. This program needs that.

College basketball is starting to look like the NBA in respect to players moving to new teams. That's one of the things I really loved about the college game, you got to see players develop. There is a loyalty and fan investment in the players. This is being taken away with the 'free agency' type transfer rules now in place. I don't like it.

I get it, yet in our program, lots of moving parts and pulled the roster together way too fast because we had too. Short term this was bound to happen as guys get and lose roles. I hope it slows down, but think this is probably the new norm.

To me the issue is bigger. There is no 'student' in student athlete anymore. There is little loyalty, by some players, to a school anymore. The top college sports have become individual focused, look at me, or I am not getting mine, so have no patience to wait out learning, real development and for PT.

Basketball with it's smaller rosters just magnifies the issue. Football is going to be more fluid like this now too.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back