• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kevin Cross in the Transfer Portal > Tulane

"You can't go... all the plants will die."
-- John Winger, Stripes

Last edited:

There was no room at the inn for Kevin. He wasn't very athletic, too short for a 5, and not a good enough shooter to be consistently relied upon to pull the other 5 out. He played hard and seemed like a good kid, but in the games I went, I wondered each time if there would be a place for him after this season. Turns out there wasn't.

Not a bad first year for a kid like him though. Gets to play a lot of minutes as a freshman for a guy like Hoiberg in an awesome environment, put up some tape, and now will get to go play a lot of minutes at a smaller school.

That’s a bummer, because I kind of got a kick out of him. I did think it odd he needed that much ‘body shaping’. He was a little casual in the notion he was a ball handler, and no one argues his shot selection was...unique. But as was pointed out, it sounds mutual, so maybe we have someone in our crosshairs we are wanting for that slot.

Last year was an anomaly, and even this year will likely be a higher number than normal, primarily because of last year’s roster rollover, but in most years seeing 4-5 new players should be the norm.

Better be able to be on fire from three - NBA Jam style - or crush the boards download. Or go for a walk!

There was no room at the inn for Kevin. He wasn't very athletic, too short for a 5, and not a good enough shooter to be consistently relied upon to pull the other 5 out. He played hard and seemed like a good kid, but in the games I went, I wondered each time if there would be a place for him after this season. Turns out there wasn't.

Not a bad first year for a kid like him though. Gets to play a lot of minutes as a freshman for a guy like Hoiberg in an awesome environment, put up some tape, and now will get to go play a lot of minutes at a smaller school.
I really liked him. Good game but inconsistent making shots. Will miss him.

I’m rather high on Cross. Higher than most everybody else. If he can get that shot to fall at the top of the key and the wing, he could be really good. If it’s not falling, he’s not good enough defensively and on the boards to help you in the way you want. He’s deceptively athletic though.

I wish him luck. Work on that shot big man and you will become a player.

Edit: Had Cross been 6’9” with the same skill set, I think you have more avenues for development on his deficiencies. At 6’6”, you need his shot to be there now or you are looking to recruit over him at this level.

Last edited:

I’m rather high on Cross. Higher than most everybody else. If he can get that shot to fall at the top of the key and the wing, he could be really good. If it’s not falling, he’s not good enough defensively and on the boards to help you in the way you want. He’s deceptively athletic though.

I wish him luck. Work on that shot big man and you will become a player.

Edit: Had Cross been 6’9” with the same skill set, I think you have more avenues for development on his deficiencies. At 6’6”, you need his shot to be there now or you are looking to recruit over him at this level.
He’s 6’8

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back