• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Josh Banderas, Chans Cox & Husker Commit Tre'vell Dixon make first Rivals 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Again, not saying it won't eventually happen, but I don't think Minter is a stone cold lock either.

I'm not saying it happens, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's not a Husker. Hope I am wrong.

Agree on the bold....

I've think we have done pretty well with the brother/cousin connection....just a few off the top of my head: Green/Paul, Cotton borthers, Vedral brothers, Tyler Moore/cousin Jay Moore.....Tommy Frazier/cousin Brion Carnes....Todd Peat/Avery Moss....the StienKuhler brothers (and their dad)....and I could go on and on....:)

Nebraska has oen of the top legacy recruit connections in the country....for so many obvious reasons....

Just based on my observations, I would argue it can often be a much bigger deal to have a parent or an uncle and grandpa that went there 20+ years ago rather than a sibling currently at that school. It's not always the case, but often younger siblings want to carve out their own path rather than following a brother or sister......and they may have only been exposed to that school for a few years. On the other hand, if a recruits father played at a school, that player may have been exposed to the school his whole life and wanted to go to that school since childhood.

I don't have any actual numbers, but it seems like we have done better with players who had a close relative play here 20+ years ago rather than players who have just recently had a brother/cousin etc. play here.

Based on what??? His words say the exact opposite...he has openly said (and I posted one comment) that he wants to play football at Nebraska......he has made FIVE unofficial visits to the campus....

I really don't understand you on him or Banderas....with all due respect your comments make no sense....

I would be totally shocked if he is not a Husker....

Again, not saying it won't eventually happen, but I don't think Minter is a stone cold lock either.

I'm not saying it happens, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's not a Husker. Hope I am wrong.

Based on your criteria, what would be a "stone cold lock". If it's not having a kid who publicly stated he wants to attend NU just like his Dad, having his Dad say he wants his son to attend NU, and having the kid move to Lincoln in order to ensure the kid is noticed by NU, with the added bonus of the kid being good enough to warrant a scholarship I am hugely curious how you define a "stone cold lock". Aside from having a kid with a signed LOI I am not sure you are ever going to get more public free internet type of signals that a kid will be "N".

Last edited:
Yeah I would like to know too....

Based on your criteria, what would be a "stone cold lock". If it's not having a kid who publicly stated he wants to attend NU just like his Dad, having his Dad say he wants his son to attend NU, and having the kid move to Lincoln in order to ensure the kid is noticed by NU, with the added bonus of the kid being good enough to warrant a scholarship I am hugely curious how you define a "stone cold lock". Aside from having a kid with a signed LOI I am not sure you are ever going to get more public free internet type of signals that a kid will be "N".

Agree on the bold....

I've think we have done pretty well with the brother/cousin connection....just a few off the top of my head: Green/Paul, Cotton borthers, Vedral brothers, Tyler Moore/cousin Jay Moore.....Tommy Frazier/cousin Brion Carnes....Todd Peat/Avery Moss....the StienKuhler brothers (and their dad)....and I could go on and on....:)

Nebraska has oen of the top legacy recruit connections in the country....for so many obvious reasons....

Agreed......I was not trying to suggest that we have not done well with the brother/cousin connection so much as suggesting that we have done even better when there has been a long standing connection with some family members. In fact, that is even evident in many of those that you listed.....Tyler Moore had connections going back much further than Jay, The Cottons connection is obvious, As well as the Stienkuhlers going back to Dean.

Fair enough....:) :)

I think the legacy connections are really unique at Nebraska for so many reasons....

Agreed......I was not trying to suggest that we have not done well with the brother/cousin connection so much as suggesting that we have done even better when there has been a long standing connection with some family members. In fact, that is even evident in many of those that you listed.....Tyler Moore had connections going back much further than Jay, The Cottons connection is obvious, As well as the Stienkuhlers going back to Dean.

I don't think he drops everything on the spot and commits to us.
I'm also not 100% convinced an offer is coming real soon.

Ultimately, if we want him, I'd probably bet on us getting him, but I don't think it is the foregone conclusion that some believe it is. Now, if I had to bet on it, I'd probably wager that he will be N. But I'm just saying, it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't come next signing day.

He will be 'N'....

Ultimately, if we want him, I'd probably bet on us getting him, but I don't think it is the foregone conclusion that some believe it is. Now, if I had to bet on it, I'd probably wager that he will be N. But I'm just saying, it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't come next signing day.

Just based on my observations, I would argue it can often be a much bigger deal to have a parent or an uncle and grandpa that went there 20+ years ago rather than a sibling currently at that school. It's not always the case, but often younger siblings want to carve out their own path rather than following a brother or sister......and they may have only been exposed to that school for a few years. On the other hand, if a recruits father played at a school, that player may have been exposed to the school his whole life and wanted to go to that school since childhood.

I don't have any actual numbers, but it seems like we have done better with players who had a close relative play here 20+ years ago rather than players who have just recently had a brother/cousin etc. play here.

Hammer to the head of the nail here............+1

If a kid is raised in a house hold and his father, whom he looks up to is a die hard fan of a team, that kid becomes a fan by association until he too develops the love for that team. Now if the father happened to play for that team and is able to tell his some of the great experiences he received while apart of that team, it does nothing more than encourage the kid to want to experience the same. Lucky for us, this guy not only is a fan of this team, and played on this team, but he was apart of what is considered the best CFB ever and he was a stud on that team.

Yes, there are times where a kid wants to pave his own way into history, but going to a school simply because his parent didn't go to that school is not going to change that. If you fail at another school, they will still know who your father is and where he went to school and what he was able to accomplish. Why not attend a school that helped your father to excel, it just might do the same for you.

Why would you bet against something that wouldn't surprise you. You are saying that if you had to bet, you would wager he would be N, but followed it by saying that it wouldn't surprise you if he isn't. To me that means, you don't know what he will do..........and if that's the case, then just say that.....or don't say nothing and just read what other posters are saying.

This is for the bold print.........What would you call RELOCATING the entire family from North Carolina (weather, beaches) to Nebraska (snow, no beach) simple so he can get a look for his son from the NU coaching staff. It's not like the staff wouldn't fly out to recruit the kid. I mean we recruit the entire nation. I would think that Mike Minter Sr wouldn't make such a bold move if he thought his kid wasn't interested strongly in going to NU. And being that he is here and he is a great talent, why wouldn't NU offer one of our legend's sons who happen to live in our own back yard whom wants to be a Husker (as quoted by himself) and keep a rival from getting the talent. What are your real feelings? Are you saying you don't think he's that good and would shouldn't offer him? I know some who would argue that point also.

Why would you bet against something that wouldn't surprise you. You are saying that if you had to bet, you would wager he would be N, but followed it by saying that it wouldn't surprise you if he isn't. To me that means, you don't know what he will do..........and if that's the case, then just say that.....or don't say nothing and just read what other posters are saying.

This is for the bold print.........What would you call RELOCATING the entire family from North Carolina (weather, beaches) to Nebraska (snow, no beach) simple so he can get a look for his son from the NU coaching staff. It's not like the staff wouldn't fly out to recruit the kid. I mean we recruit the entire nation. I would think that Mike Minter Sr wouldn't make such a bold move if he thought his kid wasn't interested strongly in going to NU. And being that he is here and he is a great talent, why wouldn't NU offer one of our legend's sons who happen to live in our own back yard whom wants to be a Husker (as quoted by himself) and keep a rival from getting the talent. What are your real feelings? Are you saying you don't think he's that good and would shouldn't offer him? I know some who would argue that point also.

I am no recruiting guru like some. But if I had to bet the farm on Minter being N I would do so.
I believe in our recruiting experts on the board.

Some people post for a reaction-some post for a reason to say we were wrong. You decide on the motive for those who question.

jslsker appears to be one of those posters who takes a contrarian view so that if he is right, he can say I told you so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back