• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Josh Banderas, Chans Cox & Husker Commit Tre'vell Dixon make first Rivals 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Chans at #40 and a high 4-star...Husker legacy recruit.....Josh coming in at #185 and a 4-star and Husker commit Tre'vell Dixon coming in at #203 and a 4-star.....</SPAN>

Great to see a Nebraska kid in the Top 250 again... future Husker to boot....:)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3054

One player that Helmholdt predicts could see a major bump in his offer list is Lincoln (Neb.) Lincoln Southwest linebacker Josh Banderas, who had outstanding junior film and then shined at the recent U.S. Army National Combine. Rivals.com starts Banderas at No. 185.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1329509

Last edited:

Offer is expected soon for Josh....expect at the Jr. Day...:)

He will be 'N' once offered....no sell job needed here like an out of state kid....

Last edited:
Offer is expected soon for Josh....expect at the Jr. Day...:)

He will be 'N' once offered....no sell job needed here like an out of state kid....

I hope so......It would be nice to get a several early commits this year (particularly with the above average in-state class and legacy recruits) and then be able to really focus on some of the bigger targets the rest of the way.

Josh and Dixon will drop out of the 250. Not because they aren't good enough to be there, but because they are future Huskers who have (or will) commit early.

I agree the services are political, but I'm not willing to say that will happen just yet...and even if they do drop out I could care less as you pointed out they are good enough...:)

Josh and Dixon will drop out of the 250. Not because they aren't good enough to be there, but because they are future Huskers who have (or will) commit early.

As I expected Josh will be offered at Jr. Day in person on the 18th of Feb....:)

Minter Jr. as well? I know that was the thought and I really hope to see it happen. Get the ball rolling early with some in-state guys to help the coaches recruit the others!

I would assume so yes as he is also going to be there....we have 4 in-state guys this year I would think will get offers this year...much better class than 2012 and it helps to have 10-12 more scholarships....I've seen in some quarters this class could go as high as 30 commits....I'm sticking with 26-28 for now...:)

Minter Jr. as well? I know that was the thought and I really hope to see it happen. Get the ball rolling early with some in-state guys to help the coaches recruit the others!

Originally Posted by Smashmouth Husker
What does "Husker legacy recruit" mean?

Red Reign
Dad, brother, cousin, grandfather or uncle played at Nebraska...

Must not have seen the movie Animal House.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Smashmouth Husker
What does "Husker legacy recruit" mean?

Red Reign
Dad, brother, cousin, grandfather or uncle played at Nebraska...

Must not have seen the movie Animal House.

I honestly thought the same thing when I read that :)

How high are these "legacy" recruits on Nebraska? I know Minter is interested but having a relative that played years ago isn't as big of deal as a brother and we know how that turned out. Are we really in the mix with these guys at this point?

I hope so......It would be nice to get a several early commits this year (particularly with the above average in-state class and legacy recruits) and then be able to really focus on some of the bigger targets the rest of the way.

Above Average? Dont sell it short. IMHO this is the best in-state class since the 2008 class that produced Steinkuhler, Trevor Robinson, The Prater brothers, Sean Fisher, Collins Okafor quickly come to mind.

Chans at #40 and a high 4-star...Husker legacy recruit.....Josh coming in at #185 and a 4-star and Husker commit Tre'vell Dixon coming in at #203 and a 4-star.....</SPAN>

Great to see a Nebraska kid in the Top 250 again... future Husker to boot....:)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3054

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1329509

Josh Banderas guarenteed his spot on that list with his performance at the U.S. Army National Junior Combine when he made All-Combine Defensive Team. As you know, Rivals is associated with the U.S. Army game and their junior combine. I still think Minter is the best player in the state, so that should tell you something about the talent Nebraska has for 2013 in-state. Dixon was no surprise to the list for me at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back