• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jordan Westerkamp

I have said this before and I will say it again... Jordan is the second coming of Ricky Proehl.... Nothing special when it comes meaurables but has deceptive football speed, hands like butter, fearless attitude and footbal IQ...

Ricky had a 15 year career because he had things that you could not measure... Jordan I believe has those same attributes...
As great as it would be....proehl was an early 3rd round pick. The NFL scouts were obviously much higher on RP

As great as it would be....proehl was an early 3rd round pick. The NFL scouts were obviously much higher on RP
That was before any WR you drafted had to be 6ft 4 and run a 4.5 40... or if you are 6 ft you better run a 4.3.... I get measurable... I really do but at the end of the day some guys just know how to play football...

That was before any WR you drafted had to be 6ft 4 and run a 4.5 40... or if you are 6 ft you better run a 4.3.... I get measurable... I really do but at the end of the day some guys just know how to play football...
If he can play to the NFL level he'll play. There are guys with his size in the NFL now.

Jordan is a football player. He made plays his entire career starting when he was a freshman. He was also a 4 star recruit in high school. I understand that was a while ago, but his name would be near the top of even more receiving categories at Nebraska had he not gotten hurt last year.

Jordan is a football player. He made plays his entire career starting when he was a freshman. He was also a 4 star recruit in high school. I understand that was a while ago, but his name would be near the top of even more receiving categories at Nebraska had he not gotten hurt last year.
True, but we aren't known for producing many receivers for the NFL, yet.

Greatest Fan of All- Yet being the key word. That's going to change in the near future with this offense and recruits/commits.

cactusboy- It would have been awesome to see Jordan on that show. However the Bucs are knocking on the door of being quite good. I'll actually have to pay attention to this season of Hard Knocks.

Before I say this I want to emphasize that I think that JW is an exceptional person on and off the field. I just wonder if it would have been someone other than him who made the fortuitous hail mary catch if his career would have traveled the same path? Sometimes it takes one moment to highlight a person's career (Lavante David's 4th down stop against Ohio St) but I just wonder. I really think the best opportunity for him is either Patriots (just threw up in my mouth a little bit) or the Broncos under Peyton Manning (yes, I know that time has passed).

Before I say this I want to emphasize that I think that JW is an exceptional person on and off the field. I just wonder if it would have been someone other than him who made the fortuitous hail mary catch if his career would have traveled the same path? Sometimes it takes one moment to highlight a person's career (Lavante David's 4th down stop against Ohio St) but I just wonder. I really think the best opportunity for him is either Patriots (just threw up in my mouth a little bit) or the Broncos under Peyton Manning (yes, I know that time has passed).
or the catch behind his back or any number of circus catches he made while here.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/nebraska-jordan-westerkamp-catch

i'm not even sure which play you're referencing here. are you talking about when he stripped the ball from the TE after he was shoved to the ground? (edit...i think the play i'm remembering was vs Iowa) either way David's career at Nebraska was never highlighted by a single play. he is easily one of the greatest linebackers to ever play for the program.

Last edited:

David was a beast. I remember being surprised someone didn't take him in the 1st round.

Westerkamp made the 2 most memorable coaches that I can think of in recent Husker memory. Although, one could argue the Brandon Reilly catch vs MSU is up there too.

David was a beast. I remember being surprised someone didn't take him in the 1st round.

Westerkamp made the 2 most memorable coaches that I can think of in recent Husker memory. Although, one could argue the Brandon Reilly catch vs MSU is up there too.

I don't remember who it was against but the catch that truly exemplifies Westerkamp went for one yard. He crossed into the middle, one-handed an off-target and high throw, and was subsequently destroyed. For a gain of one. He was fearless going for a ball, and he took a lot of brutal hits for it. He could be the NU receiver who has taken the most total punishment. Most of me wishes that he may just move on to a non-football life now. Those hits taken in college will be that much more damaging in the NFL.

i'm not even sure which play you're referencing here. are you talking about when he stripped the ball from the TE after he was shoved to the ground? (edit...i think the play i'm remembering was vs Iowa) either way David's career at Nebraska was never highlighted by a single play. he is easily one of the greatest linebackers to ever play for the program.

I completely agree and definitely did not mean to diminish the beastly accomplishments of Lavante David but likely picked a very bad example of what I was trying to say.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back