• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Johnson explains why he pulled son from Nebraska

Hey all! Newbie here- with an opinion of course

Jr's had a tough go in his short tenure at NU. The appedix deal, being two steps back for spring ball (the whole reason for his early enrollment), and general adjustment to college life. I imagine being a high profile recruit with a famous dad also didn't help. I started and stopped college twice before i got my sealegs, and I was just a normal student.

While I feel like Sr's preaching some good parenting rhetoric, I feel icky listening to what i think should be confidential conversations between parent and son. It seems attention grabbing to me. And what's wrong with staying in school and letting coach Riley handle the discipline? Maybe there's more to this story. We may never know, but through Jr. we found Gebbia and I think I will be very thankful for that.

Welcome to the board!

I agree. I was far from an angel during my freshman year and my grades suffered because I had difficulty adjusting. But I ended up turning things around and got my degree, then a masters, and now a PhD from UNL. I can definitely appreciate the kid getting things together and trying to come back. KJjr being who he is came to college with a lot of expectations, hype, etc. that would make it very challenging.
Good for you. Nice post.

Jr's had a tough go in his short tenure at NU. The appedix deal, being two steps back for spring ball (the whole reason for his early enrollment), and general adjustment to college life. I imagine being a high profile recruit with a famous dad also didn't help. I started and stopped college twice before i got my sealegs, and I was just a normal student.

While I feel like Sr's preaching some good parenting rhetoric, I feel icky listening to what i think should be confidential conversations between parent and son. It seems attention grabbing to me. And what's wrong with staying in school and letting coach Riley handle the discipline? Maybe there's more to this story. We may never know, but through Jr. we found Gebbia and I think I will be very thankful for that.
:thumbsup:

So it was the final straw in a very big hay stack? Or it 'Wasn't close to the final reason'.

Confusing.

Regarding the personal attack, I'm sure the mods will clean that up.

There's no reason a final straw cannot also be the final reason. Both infer there were multiple reasons and not just one, weed.

As for your personal attack comment, stating facts is not a personal attack.

Everyone here, that has read any of your posts, knows you have an agenda when it comes to how NU does things, that is a fact not a personal comment. And it's a fact that personal bias can cloud one's point of view.

Though I suppose if one was embarrassed by someone pointing out his agenda he might see that as a personal attack.

There's no reason a final straw cannot also be the final reason. Both infer there were multiple reasons and not just one, weed.

As for your personal attack comment, stating facts is not a personal attack.

Everyone here, that has read any of your posts, knows you have an agenda when it comes to how NU does things, that is a fact not a personal comment. And it's a fact that personal bias can cloud one's point of view.

Though I suppose if one was embarrassed by someone pointing out his agenda he might see that as a personal attack.
Yeah I have an agenda - the truth. I don't look at the world thru scarlet tinted glasses like 95% of the patrons here. When NU gives up 407 yards to Melvin Gordon I call that pathetic. When they lose to tOSU 62-3, I call that unacceptable, considering the level of support they receive. When I see fake leadership from Nate Gerry I'm not shy to point it out. Likewise, when Chris Weber plays like a mad man I give him kudos. Or when Ryker Fyfe competes really well behind a Swiss cheese OL. I've liked some of recent recruits but not so much to label them future NFL'ers like some of the rubes covering the team.

Don't be in such a rush to counter every single critique. It makes the fandom look silly. In the case of Gerry, you might even have an epiphany before it becomes painfully obvious.

Now on with cries that this has nothing to do with the OP. In fact, in light of 407 being mentioned we should close and bury the thread pronto - what if a recruit reads this!

Last edited:
Yeah I have an agenda - the truth. I don't look at the world thru scarlet tinted glasses like 95% of the patrons here. When NU gives up 407 yards to Melvin Gordon I call that pathetic. When they lose to tOSU 62-3, I call that unacceptable, considering the level of support they receive. When I see fake leadership from Nate Gerry I'm not shy to point it out. Likewise, when Chris Weber plays like a mad man I give him kudos. Or when Ryker Fyfe competes really well behind a Swiss cheese OL. I've liked some of recent recruits but not so much to label them future NFL'er like some of the rubes covering the team.

Don't be in such a rush to counter every single critique. It makes the fandom look silly. In the case of Gerry, you might even have an epiphany before it becomes painfully obvious.

Now on with cries that this has nothing to do with the OP. In fact, in light of 407 being mentioned we should close and bury the thread pronto - what if a recruit reads this!

No I am not going to close this thread just lock you out. For an obvious troll post.

My advice to you is to start posting in a more civil manner and treating other posters with respect. It would go a long way to building some relationships on here for you. There are ways to get your point across without getting in someone's face and trying to make them look small as you pretty much did in this post as exhibit A. Lot of very smart people on this forum who are just looking for a civil discussion on Nebraska football. You don't have to agree all the time that would be boring and pointless and serve no purpose. Being civil and courteous is the bottom line and it's not that hard to do.

RR

Last edited:

So do I report this as a personal attack against yourself? :Biggrin:

C
LMAO! You must do it, I deserve it..... Funniest thing I've read today. Thanks.....
crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Welcome Kristen Fenske!

I think the attention it got is still publicity for Nebraska. Not fake news!

I agree. I was far from an angel during my freshman year and my grades suffered because I had difficulty adjusting. But I ended up turning things around and got my degree, then a masters, and now a PhD from UNL. I can definitely appreciate the kid getting things together and trying to come back. KJjr being who he is came to college with a lot of expectations, hype, etc. that would make it very challenging.

Instead of attention grabbing I see it as KJsr saving face for his family and his beloved coach. I agree that in most situations like this you keep these things private and in the family, but because of their status and relationship with the coach, there really is a lot to eliminate the privacy piece- it has become a public discussion. The fact that this thread has gone this long is evidence of that IMO. I also agree that there's probalbly so much more to back story than we'll ever know. It isn't like KJsr is just a random dad in this situation. Good point.

So true. Riley is a man that is RESPECTED around the college football world. Everyone wants him to succeed (except for a few posters on a NEBRASKA BBS!)

Last edited:
I have definitely gained respect for Keyshawn. Im a Tampa native and had mixed feelings when he played for the Bucs. I always thought he was a little too arrogant. This whole episode has definitely changed my mind. I wish nothing but the best for him and his son in life, regardless of what it means for Husker football. Weed just aint worth it young man.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back