• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Joe Ganz leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

All 3 QB's were well prepared and ready to step up and compete. Joe has a bright future.......anyone watching Texas Tech tonight and the 34 year old Klingsbury coaching the Red Raiders?

I like Joe, but I don't see that he is critical to the team.

After practice yesterday Bo was talking to the press in terms that made me believe for sure he won't be hiring him. Saying he'll get a chance somewhere, sometime and when he does he'll be a great coach, etc.

How much was he actually working with the QBs?

He seems to be fairly involved and according to T-Magic he was a good coach for him.

CHICAGO — Taylor Martinez envisions Joe Ganz becoming a successful offensive coordinator or head coach. Maybe even in the NFL.
Yeah, Ganz is that good, the Nebraska senior quarterback said Thursday at Big Ten Media Days.
"A lot of people don't realize how much Joe helps me," Martinez said. "He's huge in how much I've done in my career so far."
Tim Beck, the Husker offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, obviously has played a pre-eminent role in Martinez's development. That almost goes without saying.
Martinez seemed intent on saying something about Ganz, the former Nebraska record-setting passer who is now in his second year as a graduate assistant and fourth on the staff.
"We run a lot of plays he creates," Martinez said. "Sometimes he'll call plays from the sidelines during games.
"I don't know what I'd do without him."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In Beck's case, he does have a little help.
Former Nebraska quarterback Joe Ganz is in his third year with the Huskers.According to Huskers.com, he works primarily with the quarterbacks.
That's no secret. Ganz has been a very active participant in the development of Martinez. That also makes him very active in the development of the other quarterbacks.
However, that's a lot of pressure to put on Ganz. While he has been successful with the group, he's still learning himself.
His advantage is that he can pass along what he learned in his time being developed as a Husker.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Calhoun also instructed Martinez to keep his right throwing elbow above his shoulder instead of dropping it down as he leans back on the right leg. A quarterback ought to be figuratively able to “reach out and hand the ball to the wide receiver,” Calhoun said, explaining that where a quarterback's hand finishes on the follow-through has a big effect on the trajectory of the ball.
By the end of the month, Calhoun said, Martinez had developed “muscle memory” for proper balance. NU offensive coordinator Tim Beck also gave Calhoun a package of plays the Huskers will install this year, and Martinez executed the drops and reads for them.“He knows Coach Beck's offense — everything about it,” Calhoun said. Beck and graduate assistant Joe Ganz have developed Martinez exceptionally in that regard, Calhoun said.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Ganz holds 23 school records at Nebraska, including the single-season marks for passing yards, completions and total offense.

He was around the program last year serving as a football intern. This season, though, Ganz is taking a more active role in Martinez' development.

"It's awesome because I love Joe Ganz, and he's a great coach," said Martinez. "He's been awesome these past few days and he's given me great advice. He's helped me a lot on my footwork."

A record-setting quarterback for the Huskers, Joe Ganz has been elevated to a graduate assistant role in 2012 in his third year on the Nebraska coaching staff. Previously, Ganz served as a football intern and graduate manager in 2010 and 2011. Ganz works extensively with the Husker quarterbacks, in addition to helping offensive coordinator Tim Beck in a variety of roles.
[h=2]
The Battle at Backup Quarterback
[/h]With four days left before the season opener against Souther Mississippi, Nebraska is still undecided on who its backup quarterback will be but graduate assistant and former Huskers quarterback Joe Ganz offered some insight into where the race stands. "It's between Tommy (Armstrong) and Ron (Kellogg)," Ganz said. "Both bring different aspects. Tommy is a little more physical, he's a runner (and) can throw the ball. Ronnie is a pure, drop-back type passer." Last year's backup, sophomore Brion Carnes, is slightly behind ...

I personally would have a hard time hiring JG as a straight up coach ... he's got exactly 2 years of experience as a grad assistant at Nebraska. He needs more experience and some diversity in his experience. Nice person, been a real asset to the program and I hope he returns one day as a coach but ... time to move on from here IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back