• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Joe Ganz leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Joe Ganz should be staying as QB coach. There are several other coaches that could to be moved to administrative duties to make room for Joe. The guy did a superb job getting 2 backups ready to play each week in place of TM.

Joe Ganz should be staying as QB coach. There are several other coaches that could to be moved to administrative duties to make room for Joe. The guy did a superb job getting 2 backups ready to play each week in place of TM.

I didn't hear anything about this. Where did the info come from? Where is he going?

I didn't hear anything about this. Where did the info come from? Where is he going?

He is a Graduate Assistant, and they are only allowed to be GAs for a specific amount of time. Ganz's time runs out after this season.

Last edited:

So there has been no announcement. Maybe this thread is premature. When the season ends there could be an announcement of his hire. I thought maybe Wats had lured him to UL.

So there has been no announcement. Maybe this thread is premature. When the season ends there could be an announcement of his hire. I thought maybe Wats had lured him to UL.

Well he is set to leave unless a change in the staff happens. I think Bo has already mentioned no changes are coming.

Well he is set to leave unless a change in the staff happens. I think Bo has already mentioned no changes are coming.

I hadn't heard that before. I guess I'll just hold out hope. He's a good guy and a real asset to the team. If he can't stay here, I'll wish him the best in finding another home.

Our QB play didn't light the world on fire, either.

Just saying.

Not true...

as you see here the fire seems to have started in Nebraska

j0437381.jpg

Last edited:
Ganz has been an indescribable asset to Nebraska the last few years. Zero question. He's gone miles beyond the call of his position. With that said, I would prefer a more tenured QB coach if Nebraska were ever to employ such a position (which defines the term 'unlikely').

There is one assistant in particular that had a new job title this season...in which he was moved from a highly visible position to a much less-visable role. The next logical move would be an "administrative" position within the athletic department.

If he isn't kept then I have no choice to believe his worth isn't valued over those left. Time will tell. Can he coach special teams :)

Our QB play didn't light the world on fire, either.

Just saying.

yepar
no more so than any other coach
and our 4 year starting qb felt it necessary to go elsewhere for tutoring
I like Joe, but don't see his leaving as a great loss

yepar
no more so than any other coach
and our 4 year starting qb felt it necessary to go elsewhere for tutoring
I like Joe, but don't see his leaving as a great loss
I'll agree with that. I would have liked to have kept Marrow more so than Ganz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back