• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jerry Kill the new Offensive Coordinator?

Tracy Clays was Kill's offensive coordinator at Minnesota. He took over for Kill and then had to deal with some BS in order to try and keep his team together which cost him his job b/c he went with the team. Both Kill and Clays built the team the used car salesman took over.
Nailed it

I’m not certain of Kill’s skills related to calling plays, and/or what his approach to offense would be.

I also don’t know if he was more of the CEO-type of head coach that hired and delegated play calling and scheming to his coordinators. If that was the case, that reinforces my question if this type of hire is the right way to go.

As stated by others, I’m hoping JK isn’t the absolute best we can get (i.e. our 1st and 2nd and maybe even 3rd choices declined) … but considering JK does provide for some interesting discussion.

Last edited:
Tracy Clays was Kill's offensive coordinator at Minnesota. He took over for Kill and then had to deal with some BS in order to try and keep his team together which cost him his job b/c he went with the team. Both Kill and Clays built the team the used car salesman took over.
The team disintegrated at the end of Claeys tenure. Fleck took over a steaming pile after Claeys was fired. That team had players boycotting a bowl game, 10 players were accused of having a role in a sexual assault. Anything suggesting Fleck took over a built product is just revisionist history.

The more I think about it might be a no to Kill.

The team disintegrated at the end of Claeys tenure. Fleck took over a steaming pile after Claeys was fired. That team had players boycotting a bowl game, 10 players were accused of having a role in a sexual assault. Anything suggesting Fleck took over a built product is just revisionist history.

The more I think about it might be a no to Kill.
Kill was gone when that all happened. Agree that things cratered a bit under Claeys. Of course, he did win 9 or 10 games.

Kill was gone when that all happened. Agree that things cratered a bit under Claeys. Of course, he did win 9 or 10 games.
Kill was 1.5 years gone. All those problem players were his recruits. In fairness, I do think most (all?) were exonerated by the legal system but believe a number were punished by the school.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back