• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jeff Sims

The ankle seems to be an issue, still. I think the staff is also taking advantage of this opportunity to get HH as many game reps as they can. To his credit, I thought Haarberg threw the ball pretty well on Saturday, to the point I think we should have thrown more. Needs to eliminate the tips at the line, but our passing was pretty successful when we aired it out.
Yeah, I thought he passed better against Mich, too. That low delivery is yet another reason why Satt needs to incorporate more moving pocket for Haarberg, IMHO. Work more roll-outs/bootlegs/waggles into the gameplan to both get him away from traffic for clearer passing lanes and also to open up the chance to run if it's there.

Yeah, I thought he passed better against Mich, too. That low delivery is yet another reason why Satt needs to incorporate more moving pocket for Haarberg, IMHO. Work more roll-outs/bootlegs/waggles into the gameplan to both get him away from traffic for clearer passing lanes and also to open up the chance to run if it's there.
Some of it was Michigan just making really good plays, but yes I'd start planning to give him better passing lanes. This was really the first time this issue was exposed. I wouldn't be surprised if now we see more lineman looking to tip, after what Michigan did last week.

Because we haven't had a clearly defined offensive identity, of any sort, we have a disjointed OL room, and we've been paying for it for years.
We don't have a disjointed line. We have a line that has, over time, regressed, still displays horrific fundamentals, and couldn't bully a decent high school team. We aren't strong, nor athletic. One thing we are is error prone. Has nothing to do with having no identity. We are trying to establish that identity now, but these will not be the guys to carry that torch. People talk about getting a QB in the portal... and I just laugh. Doesn't matter who our QB is. With this line, we are going nowhere.

Raiola has til the end of the year to change my mind.

Tell me anyone who would say before our game with Michigan that even if HH had three batted passes several drops and still finished with a 56% completion rate and 200 yards and claim he wouldn't be better? That he's not better?

Tell me anyone who would say before our game with Michigan that even if HH had three batted passes several drops and still finished with a 56% completion rate and 200 yards and claim he wouldn't be better? That he's not better?
There is no sense arguing with him. He just wants to be mad at something. Hard not to feel that way after Saturday but when talking about an individual player you at least need to be fair. HH has gotten better and anyone that looks objectively can say he has. That doesnt make him the ideal QB but at least be honest about things.

He hasn’t done it in three games. I hope he can eventually. When he does then we can say he’s improving. Right now you are using hypotheticals that didn’t happen to support your lipstick coating.
He takes off to early giving WR little time for routes to develop. Yes he needs to get rid of it quickly due to the horrendous line of protection

I wonder what position on defense you are going to play tommie at because the defense we put on the field couldnt stop drives by the 3rd and 4th string qbs that michigan put on the field. I also wonder how tommie would do playing behind this offensive line as opposed to the lines of the 90s that went entire seasons without giving up a sack or a holding penalty. I also wonder what running back will be equal to lawrence phillips, calvin jones, daman benning, clinton childs, or ahman green, especially considering we have already lost our top 2 at that position.

I wonder what position on defense you are going to play tommie at because the defense we put on the field couldnt stop drives by the 3rd and 4th string qbs that michigan put on the field. I also wonder how tommie would do playing behind this offensive line as opposed to the lines of the 90s that went entire seasons without giving up a sack or a holding penalty. I also wonder what running back will be equal to lawrence phillips, calvin jones, daman benning, clinton childs, or ahman green, especially considering we have already lost our top 2 at that position.

Tommie with our line today?

Squirrel-Funny-Road-Kill-Picture.jpg

I agree that tommie wouldn’t do any better. And as I have said this isn’t a quarterback problem as much as a line problem. But we still need to find a qb that can get us 60% with this line.

I agree that tommie wouldn’t do any better. And as I have said this isn’t a quarterback problem as much as a line problem. But we still need to find a qb that can get us 60% with this line.
HH has long way to go, but, even in these early stages of his development, IMPO, he's making better decisions with the ball than what Sims was. I love watching a guy like Sims play because he can turn a crap sandwich into a gourmet meal, but he can also work that magic the other direction and because he's got that ability, it looks like he tries to make that magic with everything from a plain ham and cheese to a full on crap sandwich. For as inexperienced as Haarberg is, he is better than Sims so far at one of the things this offense has to do in order to at least stay in games and that's not give away the ball. He will throw the ball away when nothing is there instead of trying to force something (including on a blown up screen). Yes, I'm sure I'm sprinkling a little bit of sugar on a turd, but as you said, he's not the problem, however, I do think he's improving overall as a QB

HH has long way to go, but, even in these early stages of his development, IMPO, he's making better decisions with the ball than what Sims was. I love watching a guy like Sims play because he can turn a crap sandwich into a gourmet meal, but he can also work that magic the other direction and because he's got that ability, it looks like he tries to make that magic with everything from a plain ham and cheese to a full on crap sandwich. For as inexperienced as Haarberg is, he is better than Sims so far at one of the things this offense has to do in order to at least stay in games and that's not give away the ball. He will throw the ball away when nothing is there instead of trying to force something (including on a blown up screen). Yes, I'm sure I'm sprinkling a little bit of sugar on a turd, but as you said, he's not the problem, however, I do think he's improving overall as a QB
One thing about HH, like rolling your qb to simplify a game for him, eliminating deep shots is sort of the same. That may come along too, but it needs a lot of work. The few he's tried he had enough time but were off.
He keeps improving he's a solid backup and a ok starter. From there, who knows?

Hell I'd take James Sims too.

No way Tommie loses by 40. Even with this dreck blocking for him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back