• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jaren Kanak, 4* ATH Offered (Hays, KS) - Commited to Clemson

Hmm. I grew up in the greater McCook metropolitan
area. Bartley to be exact.

Here's an article on Jaren and his family.

:Lol::Lol::Lol:

It is compared to Bartley.

Lol.

I wonder if the Rocket Inn in Indianola is still there?

Loved their pizza way back when as a kid.

Last edited:

Rumor has it that Jaren Kanak likes pizza and burgers.
Then we might lose him to McCook Community College.

To get this back on track (pun sort of intended), I really like this kid. He has the size and speed to fit several different places. There is some talent in Kansas and we have been able to attract our share of it over the years. Start winning some games and I think we can pull a couple of kids a year out of Kansas.

Last edited:

Are we looking at this kid for offense or defense?

Surprised he doesn't have a ton of offers but I suppose that may be the case this year for many midwest kids until June comes around.

Are we looking at this kid for offense or defense?

Surprised he doesn't have a ton of offers but I suppose that may be the case this year for many midwest kids until June comes around.

I have an admitted bias towards defense. Whenever I scout a kid who could play WR or CB, I always prefer defense, simply because I love the philosophy of having elite athletes on defense. Time and time again you see top defenses and the thing they have in common is freaks at key positions like pass rusher, linebacker and corner.

With that said, I definitely play Kanak on defense. He's a great candidate for Domann's role at OLB, or he could be a Nate Gerry type size-speed guy at SS.

I have an admitted bias towards defense. Whenever I scout a kid who could play WR or CB, I always prefer defense, simply because I love the philosophy of having elite athletes on defense. Time and time again you see top defenses and the thing they have in common is freaks at key positions like pass rusher, linebacker and corner.

I agree with this philosophy. You can work around a single weak skill player on your offense, but there is NOWHERE to hide a guy on defense who isn't getting it done. Load that up at least 2-deep, then fill in what's missing on offense.

With that said, I definitely play Kanak on defense. He's a great candidate for Domann's role at OLB, or he could be a Nate Gerry type size-speed guy at SS.
CTB is a great example... you put your best players at QB or somewhere they can get the ball in their hands in high school, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be that in college.

I have no idea what we are recruiting him for but as you said OLB/nickel looks like a good fit.

This is starting to remind me too much of Isaiah Simmons. Kid from Kansas that's a bit under the radar (I know he's a four star on one site), Nebraska coaches doing an unreal job with them then all of a sudden Clemson comes sniffing around and ruins it for us.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back