• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

January 1, Citrus Bowl, Hawkeyes vs Tennessee

I just can't understand how this Iowa team won 10 games and how we lost to them. They clearly have a great defense and ST are solid but their offense is so completely inept that I honestly don't see how they won this many games. We are almost literal opposite statistical outliers in terms of results in close games for the last 6 years.
Easy. Though they have a crappy offense, they didn’t turn the ball over much. Huskers had a crappy offense AND turned the ball over unpteen times, thanks to the poor QB play for the most part. If Huskers had limited turnovers, like Iowa, last year the Huskers would have likely won at least 3-4 more games (even with the QBs playing bad). It was that combo of bad QB play PLUS turnovers that killed the Huskers. I just don’t see much upside for Iowa. Since they don’t really try to even get 4 Starr offensive players, I think they will go downhill fast starting next yr in the new B1G configuration.

My Iowa fan friend refuses to acknowledge how much of a dumpster fire the West division was this year. I agree next season will provide them with some much-needed perspective.
I am not surprised. When I lived in Saint Louis, I was at the Fox and the Hound watching one of the first Husker/Hawkeye games. A table of Iowa fans was behind my table. A flag gets thrown. One Iowa fan goes: "Flag! I wonder who it's on? Another at the table without missing a beat states confidently, "It's obviously against Iowa, the flag is yellow."

True story.

Easy. Though they have a crappy offense, they didn’t turn the ball over much. Huskers had a crappy offense AND turned the ball over unpteen times, thanks to the poor QB play for the most part. If Huskers had limited turnovers, like Iowa, last year the Huskers would have likely won at least 3-4 more games (even with the QBs playing bad). It was that combo of bad QB play PLUS turnovers that killed the Huskers. I just don’t see much upside for Iowa. Since they don’t really try to even get 4 Starr offensive players, I think they will go downhill fast starting next yr in the new B1G configuration.
I'm sure Kirk is still trashing Dylan Raiola.

Clown.

Frost will get that offense turned around.
IMG_4099.gif

I just can't understand how this Iowa team won 10 games and how we lost to them. They clearly have a great defense and ST are solid but their offense is so completely inept that I honestly don't see how they won this many games. We are almost literal opposite statistical outliers in terms of results in close games for the last 6 years.
We lost because our QB generously donated the ball to them multiple times.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back